ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Game room tours by Nintendo Arcade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
edwoodjnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwoodjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:31am
Thanks Alex and Oliver for doing this.   I really enjoyed hearing the stories behind how you obtained this amazing collection over the years.
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:38am
I really enjoyed this episode!
Next time I wanna see you demolish a dual Ice Cream cornet mate. Not enough 'Oohh Matrons' tho. LOL

Cheers guys. Thumbs Up
Insert Coin[s]
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:59am
Ha ha ha ice cream was the best bit
Glad you enjoyed it guys
I would have loved to have spent more time on the more interesting games but was wary of the time Unfortunately .hopefully go back for a revisit next year.
Thanks for watching
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:50am
That was pretty epic. Big thanks to both of you for making it happen. Ol has to get these in a single barn sometime and fulfil his vision. Good job mate for saving them! Paying for those storage lockers can't be cheap I bet.

Didn't know there were 4 'I, Robot's in the UK let alone in the same collection! Also, you mentioned there was a DECO cab at your family home but we didn't get to see it.

An awesome video guys!
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Chuckie egg Chuckie egg wrote:

Ha ha ha ice cream was the best bit
Glad you enjoyed it guys
I would have loved to have spent more time on the more interesting games but was wary of the time Unfortunately .hopefully go back for a revisit next year.
Thanks for watching

The way you parked up the van and skipped across the road to the Ice Cream Van had me in stitches mate! LOL
Insert Coin[s]
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:25am
What an incredible collection!  I loved hearing the stories that went along with them too, of a time when you could pay £16 for a Galaxian (or get 4 original cabs for £75).  Also the guy that drove down from Scotland overnight to trade his mint Star Wars for a project Dragon's Lair.  Genuinely fascinating stuff!

Awesome! Thumbs Up
forcefulfil View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:14pm
Great video Gents!
and what a collection of r@re cabs,the best ive seen by far.
great work all roundClap
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net
ianski View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
Alpha1's collection that was a nice surprise :)

Just watched it, thanks Olly for being a sport and showing off your collection.
Needless to say you have some awesome stuff and wish you the best of luck with your arcade project.

It must be frustrating for you guys with large collections that they aren't accessible to play.
There's a fine line between collecting and hoarding but after watching this I feel less jealous of Olly's collection, it's in good hands but yeah maybe you could let an I-Robot go ;)
(no I don't particularly want to buy one myself).

Having said that I'd like to throw out the challenge to you guys with the big collections - you know who you are - come on show off your stuff! Those of us that have been on Alex's videos have enjoyed it I'm sure so don't be shy :)

Nice one again Alex, not sure how you'll top this but keep up the good work!
Looking for: Nice working monitors for my US games.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
I reckon Pobster should be on one of the tours
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

lespotts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lespotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:51pm
Fantastic, just watched this from start to finish, the best collection of games I have ever seen, loved all the story's behind each game. Another great game room tour, keep them coming!

BristolMartin View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:28pm
Here is a non tour of my old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPrA8e4DLKE
nurtuo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:53pm
Driving Heaven.
lovely Cabs.
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:36pm
I said it on Facebook, but I loved the Alpha-1 collection. Especially the focus on the more obscure Taito cabs... I always loved Taito games, and there are so many that I've never seen or played.

It would honestly stress me out to own that many cabs personally, so I'm glad others are preserving an awesome part of arcade history. 

Hopefully we'll see the arcade open at some point in the future. If I lived closer, it's the sort of thing I'd want to invest in! 
Wanted: More Faulty Sega PCBs! :-D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic