Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gauntlet Arcade Cabinet Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauntlet Arcade Cabinet Build
    Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:29pm
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this website so bare with me.

I need some help, I am thinking of building an original Atari Gauntlet arcade cabinet.
I have downloaded the plans from http://jakobud.com/ which I will work too.
My question is" Has anyone got this cabinet? If so I need some pictures of the cabinet.
I would like photos Inside and outside also some measurements of the back panels.
Any help would be much appreciated. 

I have my own youtube channel called Andy's Arcade, I would like to document this build.

Thanks,
Andy.

retrob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:09pm
I had one but I sold it so can't give you any measurements.  There is an album of pics  HERE

I'll have a look to see if I've any more pics of the inside.
Wanted:
Burn Free A68KJU96X (Toshiba) Tube with or without MS9-29__ chassis
luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:16pm
Thanks Matey!

Very Helpful really appreciate it!

How much did you sell it for?

luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:52pm
Hi Guys,

Do anyone know how the speaker grill is connected to the marquee on this cabinet?
patloz View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:59pm
Its all one piece of metal.

if you google a Gauntlet marquee you can see it goes around the speaker grille.

Edited by patloz - 12 May 2018 at 6:01pm
luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:36am
Thanks, I am trying to understand how this cabinet is put together.
Anyone know where I can pick up this speaker grill?

Thanks
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:41am
The arcade boneyard in the states have spares when they break machines. The joysticks will also be difficult and expensive to find. You’ll need loads of parts that you can’t make yourself.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:53am
If you are looking to build an accurate repro you will be into if for more than a period machine

4 x logo sticks are £100 each if you are lucky , repro loom is £150 and a PCB is upwards of £200
Add another £250 for artwork and you upwards of a grand and you still missing so many key parts.
jimmerd View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:43pm
I picked up an original shell, control panel for £200 there are quite a few lurking out there but have since sold it on to somebody who wanted to do a full restore. I remember buying some retro artwork for the grill and it not fitting, so it just shows how online measurements can be incorrect.

A scratch build would be very cool.
luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:06pm
Hi Guys,My plan is to build from scratch using jakobud plans I don't know how accurate they are but they will have to do for now.
Don't slate me for this but I was planning to do a Mame setup running Mala Frontend, just running
Gauntlet 1 & 2 and maybe a few other 3 to 4 player games.
So this is my setup for now

Hardware -
4 sheets of 18mmx 2400mmx1200mm MDF
Pc - Not sure at the mo
Arcade VGA5000 graphics card
Ipac4 to hook up 4 players controls
20" CRT TV (Scart)
UMSA - Ultimate Scart Adapter from http://arcadeforge.net/UMSA/UMSA-Ultimate-SCART-Adapter::57.html
UMSA connects your computer to an CRT Telly. Just make sure that your PC outputs VGA lower resolution with 15Khz (arcade VGA5000) and your TV has an RGB Scart interface.
Works fantastic !

Searching for leaf joysticks and buttons at the mo, does not have to be original but would be nice..
Everything else will have to come from USA like All artwork ,Coin doors,speakers.

Obliviously first things first build the cabinet then go from there, also I will paint the cab black then I will apply artwork.

let me know guys what you think???
I will document all the progress on this site(loads of Photo's/Video's) and YouTube so wish me luck.

Edited by luton74 - 13 May 2018 at 2:46pm
anj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:16pm
we have a gaultlet hear if you need any pics or mesherments
rlml.co.uk
luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Yes Please !
Would love to see some photos of inside the cab and also out
If you could measure the 3 main back panels for me that would be great.

Many thanks !!!
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:39am
Bloke on KLOV has three logo joysticks for sale at $100 each.

luton74 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:45pm
thanks ! I take a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic