Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gorf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

Didn't realise you had a Gorf there simon. Will definitely try and get down to you in the near future.

Current line up (everything original/original board (no boots)  except Defender and cocktail which are 60 in 1 and LCD (both of these will be changed/replaced over time).

Point Blank
Final Fight (in Electrocoin Spectrum)
R-Type (in Sillverline)
Tron
Gorf
Pac-Man
The Invaders (Zaccaria)
Smash TV
Sega Rally
House of the Dead 2 (awaiting repair)
4 Player TMNT
Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition (in Brent Leisure Supreme)
Asteriods
Defender
60 in 1 Cocktail

And 2 pinball machines

Personally, i think it is a fantastic lineup, but then I would say that.
Wanted (Fully Working originals only):
Nichibutsu boards with O,P,Q connectors
Operation Wolf boardset
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:33pm
New score today, but I'm experimenting trying to clear the Galaxians only when they are swooping, which is netting me around 7500 every full round of 5 missions

81, 730 mission 53 - Galaxian level

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:44pm
Nice work Eric!

You've got a decent stream set up over there, it sounds awesome!! Thumbs Up
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:49pm
It's a bit loud but I'm not gonna piss about with it now it works
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 10:05am

New score today, but I'm experimenting trying to clear the Galaxians only when they are swooping, which is netting me around 7500 every full round of 5 missions

Yup that's what I do. I even chip away at the flagship and shoot the debris to try and get a few more points. I've had over 9000 for the first 5 rounds doing this. I gets a lot harder to keep this up though  on later missions! LOL

Edited by Jase - 06 Nov 2014 at 10:06am
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Jase Jase wrote:

Yup that's what I do. I even chip away at the flagship and shoot the debris to try and get a few more points. I've had over 9000 for the first 5 rounds doing this. I gets a lot harder to keep this up though  on later missions! LOL

Yeah flagship chipping is very hazardous
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 7:38pm
Damn my wobbly screen!! LOL
I decided to have a quick blast on Gorf today, one of those 'not too bothered ain't gonna try hard' kind of goes, but got into the zone pretty quickly having not touched it for a few weeks.
Got to around 35k before I lost my first man due to the 'frame collapse' that happens now and then on my screen, resolved by repeated WHACKS on the side of the cabinet! (just like the good old days in the 70's with a defective TV).
Undeterred I carried on, and really hit my stride! Trying my best not to pay too much attention to my score, I got to mission 54 before Gorf told me to 'bite the dust Space Avenger'.
JUST SHY OF Bananaman's score. Ouch

Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)
Russ J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Russ J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:13pm
Clap....great score there mucka Thumbs Up
Cabs...

Atari Starwars
Robotron (Euro scratch build)
Defender (scratch build)
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:31pm
Cheers dude! Smile
I feel the 100k is achievable now...!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:36pm
Nice score. I've got jochens kit in mine at the moment which has the stupid hard version. I might have to uninstall it to get back on this.
Russ J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:40pm
Your not that far off mate...

The 'i'm just gonna have a quick blast' on games usually turn out the best games (does for me anyway) this is what happened on my big Roby score LOL....but when you put aside 'x' hours for a massive marathon game you usually bum out after around 15-20 mins (this usually happens to me a friggin lot LOL)
Cabs...

Atari Starwars
Robotron (Euro scratch build)
Defender (scratch build)
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:46pm

Nice score. I've got jochens kit in mine at the moment which has the stupid hard version. I might have to uninstall it to get back on this.

Huh?! I've got Jochen's kit in mine too! It doesn't seem any different. What's the easiest way to tell versions? I remember reading something about how they cluster in the middle on Space Warp is different.
While we're on though, on mine where G-O-R-F bounces onto the screen in attract mode, the letters are more pink than red, although the in-game colour red is a nice red. How's yours?
What version is it? And does yours have the network option? I was an eejut and got the basic model thinking I wouldn't be bothered about uploading high scores! LOL
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Russ J Russ J wrote:

Your not that far off mate...

The 'i'm just gonna have a quick blast' on games usually turn out the best games (does for me anyway) this is what happened on my big Roby score LOL....but when you put aside 'x' hours for a massive marathon game you usually bum out after around 15-20 mins (this usually happens to me a friggin lot LOL)

Totally! Weird innit? The first part I mean. Marathon games for me are light years away! LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 6:20pm
Just finished tidying up after fitting James' Switcher mod board, so had a quick go on this.

45,380 - I'm using Jochen's upload kit, which is way harder than standard Gorf romset, space warp in particular is stupidly hard (3 rocks at a time are launched once you are on Space Colonel. Need to have a sustained effort on this, to get used to the speed.

The invaders are in the static row by the time you get onto the Colonel loop.

Edited by Hurray Banana - 05 Aug 2016 at 6:21pm
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:09am
I don't get it? I have Jochen's high score board too, that's what I got the 80k on.
Has he changed the software???
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Jase Jase wrote:

I don't get it? I have Jochen's high score board too, that's what I got the 80k on.
Has he changed the software???

I'll I know is this is completely different to my Gorf Rom board.
LongsteppeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongsteppeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:16pm
Hi GORF enthusiasts. 

I'm the one currently holding down the Four Quarters in Peckham high score on GORF at ~47K. The game was taken out of there some time ago. Simon do you have any updates on that? Will it ever be making a return? Could it not stand up to the drunken crowds? 

Also regarding these scores. It is my understanding that there are different difficulty settings to the game. As Simon mentioned the one at the 4Q was on the hardest setting. What are these scores being set on? The Twin Galaxies world record is certainly on an easier setting. This is all I could find for a "hard rom version": http://www.aurcade.com/games/format.aspx?id=496

Any information you guys have would be appreciated.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:57pm
My gorf is currently using Jochen's upload kit which uses the same hard set. My top score on that is currently around 47k. The other scores from me were on my original boardset which is definitely easier
Jase View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 7:06pm
Just to reiterate, my 80k on here is on Jochen's hi-score kit, therefore not the easy romset!

Bean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 11:33am
I've got the high score online kit. I think its a great addition to have. I just need to get a bit more practise on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic