Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gradius cabinet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gradius cabinet?
    Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:06pm
I figured this was the best place to ask. Was there an official Konami cabinet for this game in uk/ireland/europe?

I can see some examples on American websites, but they were probably North American only. Or perhaps same?

Thanks!
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:15pm
Nemesis, of course, here. For ages I was convinced Konami aliens was a dedicated (turns out it wasn't, just an elaborate kit)

Same thing for this game? Kit/semi-dedicated/dedicated?
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:57pm
It was licensed to Electrocoin in the UK I believe and normally in a Goliath cabinet with just a Nemesis marquee. 

Just a standard one though, not like the 'dedicated' one with different cabinet and side art, marquee and a cpo that Salamander came with not long afterwards.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:02pm
There is a dedicated Nemesis cab - I would never have believed it though. Not sure if it is Japanese or US based.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm

Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:11pm
that cab looks like it's been dipped in a river!

====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
Yes there’s one in galloping ghosts arcade
There was one on Facebook recently too
I never new they existed either
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:27pm
From other sources I believe it was electrocoin, as said above. The other pictures are of the north American cabinet (I think). My mind may be playing tricks with me, but that American CPO may be the one ive seen?? Cabinet are bunched so cant see sideart.

But its always worth throwing questions out to the wild, you never know whos sitting on some bizarre one-of-kind dedicated Ireland/UK cabinet!

On a sidenote (and again, using different sources), it would be really useful, and interesting, to see a full list of what electrocoin were up to with all these licenced cabinets and games. Salamander is a good example. Maybe that information is already posted somewhere here?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic