ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Greetings from France !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Runik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from France !
    Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:45am
Hello there !

Renaud aka Runik, 40, from France.

I spent countless coins in arcade machines when I was younger (Double Dragon, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Bubble Bobble, etc.), but my interest in arcade slowed down a lot after I graduated in 1995 : the last games I enjoyed back then were Daytona USA and Killer Instinct.

I was (and still am) also fond of flippers : Indiana Jones is my personal favorite Redface

I got myself a supergun in 2003, and started to buy games that I enjoyed so much in the past ... I have around 50 pcbs / systems right now (MVS, ST-V, F3, various System16 and CPS1, etc.)

Around 2010 I bought a battered generic euro cab that I enjoyed restoring. Now I'm more into electronic repairs, I have a bunch of faulty pcbs wainting to get some attention ...

I'm also into programming, mainly arcade related : I created a program some times ago to decrypt FD1089x and FD1094 program roms found in System16, System 18 and other Outrun boards. You can find the decrypted versions on Porchy's Jammarcade, but I guess that with the recent improvements in that area by ArcadeHacker, those files won't be as needed as they used to be :)

I also created another program useful for arcade repairers, named AGAR (stands for Arcade Games Analysis and Repair), I searched for a program like this for a long time, but as none suited my needs I did it myself ;)
Check my signature for screenshots and download if you're interested.

Oh, btw way, I was a (not very active) member of Jamma+.

Well, I guess that's all for now folks, see you in the forums Wink

Edited by Runik - 26 Jun 2018 at 10:00am
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:07am
Hi Renaud, we have an arcade homebrew section where various software projects are hosted and posted

I'll post a link to AGAR in there for you.

Welcome to the forum
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:08am
Welcome aboard.
Join the UKVaC chat room where we all have opinions.
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:28am
Hi Renaud 

Just wanted to thank you for your work on Sega decryption. It's helped me fix many a duff boardset in the past!

Runik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Runik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:04am
Thanks guys :)

@Hurray Banana: thanks a lot, I didn't knew that ... you should change the link you used by the one in my signature (the wiki), otherwise you land directly on the sources ;)
Your pseudo reminds me something ... I sold you a few pcbs in the past, IIRC ?

@dj_yt : glad I could help :) I enjoyed reading your blog on J+, you did some amazing stuff regarding the Outrun engine ...

Edited by Runik - 26 Jun 2018 at 10:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic