Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > shop logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gremlins - Goodwins Place Homebrew Pinball Log

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gremlins - Goodwins Place Homebrew Pinball Log
    Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:21pm
Hi All, 

Excuse the generic title, I don't have a theme or anything else to hook you in yet!
I'm Craig, I've been running my own YouTube channel for a few years working on retro console mods and repairs. 
I'm kicking off my homebrew pinball machine build, everything pretty much from 0 knowledge and learning as I go along. 
I'll be going through everything from my choice of hardware through to the theme, layout through to no doubt the issues I have with the build on my YouTube channel and will post here throughout also. 

I'm pretty much a pinball n00b so this is going to be a big build for me, I've done technincal builds and have experience in hardware and software so I'm pretty confident I can get through this, but will no doubt need help along the way. 

Please feel free to input any lines of support, help or criticism (I can take it) along the way. 

Thanks, 

Craig (Goodwins Place)

Edited by Goodwinsplace - 04 Nov 2022 at 5:34pm
South Wales - Retro Gamer (YouTube.com/goodwinsplace)
5 Cabs and a Pinball - need more space....
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 5:33pm
Might be worth registering over on pinballinfo.com loads of information about pinball repairs that may help and a wealth of knowledge.
Goodwinsplace View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

Might be worth registering over on pinballinfo.com loads of information about pinball repairs that may help and a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks, yep have it on both Pinballinfo and Pinside which has a homebrew section too.
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 6:54pm
looking forward to seeing how this turns out dude. Must be very satisfying when its all finished and you can look back at a game you made from scratch.

Edited by Kev A - 19 Aug 2022 at 6:55pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Kev A Kev A wrote:

looking forward to seeing how this turns out dude. Must be very satisfying when its all finished and you can look back at a game you made from scratch.

Thanks Kev. I hope that's the case, I know it was a massive achievement to get the Vespa completed, so I imagine this will be as rewarding.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:39pm
Just posted an update on my YouTube channel.

A bit of progress mainly finding out what I like and dislike in a game from playing as many as I could at Pinfest.

A bit of an update on some parts bought, further video to come on that, and some info on a PCB order too.

Lots to get moving on now.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 6:37pm

New video up and I'd really like support of anyone that has a YouTube account to vote on the theme selection, I've narrowed it down to 4 themes:
- Short Circuit
- Gremlins
- Labyrinth
- Echddoe (custom theme)

I'm getting people to comment on my video but happy if people comment here too as I can count them in to the total.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 5:41pm
My latest in my pinball build, the drama around trying to store a cabinet that I picked up. 
Voting on my theme closes tomorrow so that will give me some real direction on a few items I can work on remote whilst working away over next few weeks.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 8:14am
And the theme is...
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 5:34pm
Massive thank you to PinballDaze for having me over to raid his workshop, some great bits in here. 
Bought some extra parts on Pinball Heaven. 
And a quick trip to B&Q to get my first white wood!!! Getting real now. 

Not sure why YouTube embed has decided not to work, but link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH5B0wepg_E

Edited by Goodwinsplace - 04 Nov 2022 at 5:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic