Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Trade Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Groovymame PCs x 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Groovymame PCs x 2
    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:41pm
These are my personal machines that I've set up with CRT Emu drivers to autoboot into Attract Mode. They are currently setup up to run one machine as a horizontal unit and the second as a vertical unit. This can obviously be changed very easily. These are running Optiplex 3010 PCs and are fully cased. They are running Haynor's build of GroovyMAME, which is better tweaked than the standard GM and has all warning screens removed etc.

Spec is as follows:
-i5 (or i7) - not that this matters for MAME, pretty sure it runs around 3ghz. Truth be told it's run EVERYTHING MAME-wise I've thrown at it, even the complex stuff. I've also had Saturn running correctly at 240p etc. so all seems well.
-8gb DDR3 RAM
-90GD SSD (more than enough for sets) [The hori setup has a bigger SSD]
-Windows 7 with CRTEmu Drivers running on a Radeon 5450 1gb GPU (VGA out)

I think there is minor variance between the spec of each but they both play everything I've thrown at them. I've used them primarily in cabs but have tested both through an OSSC and work fine.

I'm currently looking to trade one or both for a MiSTer setup, as having one already I've decided that will suit my needs better going forward. I think GroovyMAME is probably a better more use-friendly setup (especially with controls!) but MiSTer is more use to me currently. Not looking to sell at present, although could be tempted.
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic