GTA-V Online: What's that all about?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GTA-V Online: What's that all about?
    Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 11:55pm
So, as title really. I got GTA-V for my birthday back in may (on PC). For one reason or another, over the summer I didn't end up spending more than a few evenings playing it, but what I did I really enjoyed. I recently updated my rig to a full-on Skylake PC and "re-discovered" GTA-V

So far all my play has been in story mode. I'm 20% or 30% through that and love it. I have to replay some of the gunfights as I'm not the quickest but for the most part I do OK.

Last night I went into "Playlist Mode" (or whatever it's called) by mistake and ended up in GTA-V Online. I tried it for I dunno - half an hour maybe? I got a call on the phone: "Go hold up a garage" so I did and was immediately shot dead. Shrugging death off, I drive around for a bit and 3 or 4 times get blown out of my car by something - missiles I guess? But who knows?! Didn't do me any damage just annoyed me a bit. Then I get to some bit and it wants me to compete in some shoot out or something with other players. At that point I quit back to Story Mode

SO...

What's the rub? What exactly ARE you meant to do? And is there anything you can do to ease into it? I really want to feel like I'm getting my "money's worth" out of the 60+ GB it's taking up on my drive
Thefro9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:34am
Hi Guddler.
GTAV Online can be a big step, just by its nature other gamers will attack.
To ease into it i would go north on the map away from other players.
Rob afew stores, upgrade in gun shops.
Join games via phone, Missions are the best.
If you get to buy a home STAY away from the towers, gamers camp out and make going back home a pain.
The hiests are good fun and big money, but unless you got online friends can be hard to setup but worth it.
It can be fun driving up to other players ( will they shoot or not ? )
I've made friends with no mic just by picking stranderd players up and giving them lifts.
If they shoot just drive away. upgrades on cars are a must ( armour, bullet proof tyers )
Give it time, it's worth it.
Carl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic