Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Guns and Roses Pinball Vs dedicated cabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guns and Roses Pinball Vs dedicated cabs
    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 1:56pm
Ok, so I've been out of pinball for about 4 years since selling my last pinball machine (Wizard of Oz).

Been quite happy collecting dedicated cabs the last few years....
but now Jersey Jack Pinball has released Gun's N Roses Pinball machine and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing and I heard the Collectors edition sold out in the U.K in 4 hours.

So my dilemma is, do I sell some of my cabs to fund the purchase of a shiny new GNR pin? 

Anyone else seen the pin on youtube, podcasts? any opinions?

Edited by Rasputin - 11 Oct 2020 at 1:57pm
Warrior needs food badly!
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
Keep the dedicateds
Pinballs are far too expensive ,as cool as they are
It would be hard to find a good collection of dedicateds again
I’d love an AC/DC pin but I don’t think I’d swap 5 dedicateds for 1
Wall_Street View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wall_Street Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
Depends what dedicated cabs they were in my opinion.

I didn't know about this GnR pinball but will check it out tonight.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:34pm
If you’re having to sell your collection to buy a pinball machine I’d probably leave it.

If you buy it and get bored you’ve had it and the machine, if it ain’t popular, will depreciate in value whilst your collection will do the opposite.
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
Well, I would have to sell a few of my current 11 cabs as the limited edition GNR is £9,495.

Been watching a gameplay stream by Buffalo pinball on YouTube and the game feels like you're at at GNR concert, lights,sounds,music,video clips all look so awesome.
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
My restored Defender by Baiterhater and my Donkey Kong with the double donkey kong kit from Mikesarcade i bought from Richard May would probably be the first two to go.

Edited by Rasputin - 11 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm
Wurstkopp View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurstkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:58pm
Don't do it. It's nearly impossible to find the dedicated cabs you really like whereas 99% of all pins are always available, it's only a matter of money. But try finding a Robotron. Or a Tapper, Joust, Golden Axe, Berzerk, Gorf, Wizard of War, Space Harrier, Rampage, Tron, Tempest. Even a Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Centipde or an Asteroids can be hard to find at the wrong time. And if you want one it's always the wrong time.
Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong, Galaga 88, Centipede cabaret, SNK MVS-U4, Taito MT-8
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:28pm
I've got a Joust aswell that might find the axe..
Baiterhater View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baiterhater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Rasputin Rasputin wrote:

My restored Defender by Baiterhater and my Donkey Kong with the double donkey kong kit from Mikesarcade i bought from Richard May would probably be the first two to go.

Sacrilege ????
stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:39pm
I love my cabs but its easier to get (new) spare parts for pins .. i mean like replacement pcbs/dmds ect.
You dont feel as bad paying for the parts either as the pin cost so much.. nothing worse than having a cab and the board cost more than the cab
Maybe wait until its been out a while and get one used though

Edited by stegrey - 11 Oct 2020 at 8:49pm

neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:17pm
Sounds like madness. Selling cabs that are classics for a machine that for all anyone knows could be toilet.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:01am
pins are getting very expensive, but then cabs are creeping up that way as well.

I'm glad I got mine back when they were more realistically priced, but I keep looking out for a Guardians of the Galaxy, since I wouldn't mind one of those (but would have to sell an existing pin to make room for it!)

I have about half and half, you have to keep the forces balanced

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:15am
The GnR pin does look amazing. Of all my collection my pins get played by far the most, by both me and by friends & family. The cabs don't really get a look in apart from Time Crisis 2 which everyone loves.

I have been toying with selling all my pins to get the GnR but I think I'll hold off until I've actually played it, and maybe pick one up once they start getting sold on. There's always someone who sells after 100 plays from new!
Repro + NOS Artwork & Sega parts supplier, pm me or visit http://arcadeartshop.com
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:21am
I agree the GNR pin is amazing and if there’s one new in box pin i’d sell my stuff to get it’s gnr. As above though I think it worth holding out for a while to see what it’s like and how well it’s built, for 9.5k I’d want something pretty special. There’s 5000 LE so they won’t sell out any time soon.

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 20 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:25am
The subject matter of a pin is important, do you love Guns and Roses so much that you don't mind listening to the music over and over again?

Do you play your dedicated cabs often? How long did you own Wizard of Oz and why did you sell it?

I'd love a pinball but the one I want is expensive and it's difficult to justify the outlay, especially with the uncertainty of the economy right now.
Insert Coin[s]
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:38am
I say bide your time, Dave. If it's sold out, they will become available eventually. Cannot imagine the new GnR pin being any kind of investment if bought at RRP. I love me some GnR but the hyperbole and patter has only put me off. It might be an amazing game, who knows, but let others test drive it. Too many eggs in the same basket IMO. Your call though dude.
tdepodcast.net / insta @richardwilliammay
The seeker View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:47am
go for it sell the cabs buy the pin why not you only live once, i have a original if you can't stretch to a new one. i will say its to really to get a feel for how the new gar will play yes it looks amazing but give it a few months for the hype to die down and then you will get a better view on the game.  they say ota very multi ball heavy and you can't cradle up a ball? i dunno myself ice tempted but ill wait to se how it pans out as there to much hype to really tell atm
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm
There is only one outcome to asking on the forum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPcssq-7Us
tdepodcast.net / insta @richardwilliammay
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
I'll keep the cabs for now, until I decide to sell them and then probably keep them until I sell them.. :)
esoteric_rt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esoteric_rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 4:28am
I've been through this situation a couple of times. I recently sold 7 arcades to buy a TMNT Pro, yes they are that expensive in this part of the world. I have found that I didn't really miss the arcades once they are gone but none were my 'keepers'. Having said that, once the next pinball release comes out everyone will lust after that and GNR will lose some of its appeal. Pinball people are crazy, gotta have the latest shiny model! And yes I was (am?) one of them.

So, you can look at it both ways but now I would prefer to keep the best original arcades, especially if they are rare
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic