ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gunsmoke Space-Sequel??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:00pm

That's classic SmoMo LOL

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
SmoMo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmoMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

That's classic SmoMo LOL

Haha yeh, is the kind of thing I wouldn’t believe if I saw it happen on a TV show because it just seemed far too coincidental.

I never asked the guy how come he knew Hitler’s birthdate so readily, I think he sort of mumbled something about being into ‘’military history’
huxleypig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huxleypig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by favouredson favouredson wrote:

Originally posted by Equites Equites wrote:

So what's this alternate version of Gun.smoke called?

Great game, I used to play this alot BITD.

Sorry to disappoint you but...
It's called Gun.Smoke.
It is not a different version of the game or a sequel it is just a revision of the ROMs with futuristic wanted posters.

The gameplay is the same, the levels are the same and the in-game bosses are the same. I only remember the wanted posters being different.

Dude, you have no idea how long this has been gnawing away at me for! About 30 years to be precise!! I am relieved beyond measure to know that it was a real memory. I never did play on the game at the time as I did not have any change and if I remember correctly I was being hassled by my sister.

I have played Gunsmoke so much down the years and only once do I ever remember seeing this version, so you can see why I thought I might have dreamt it or something. Wow, I can go to my grave easier now anyway, thanks!

I'd love to see those altered wanted posters again. You say it included in the gun.smoke MAME ROM set? How might I make this happen? Is it a DIP switch setting or something?

Regarding the difficulty - yes, it is not an easy game but after a good amount of practise I can now get to Cutter Boomerang on one credit. Rarely past him though, even if he is a slow beefcake of a baddie. I find having to stay still to blast away at him makes it harder to dodge the other grunt's bullets, which kinda makes sense I suppose.

Edited by huxleypig - 13 Dec 2019 at 10:44pm
favouredson View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote favouredson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 10:32pm
It's not as simple as changing a setting, you need a specific revision of the ROMs in order to see the different posters.
I'm not sure which revision but they are out there somewhere.
Garry
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by joe34 joe34 wrote:

Originally posted by smf smf wrote:

I have a similar experience with a c64 budget game that used ripped sprites from commando and was set in space (I don't believe it was the german version of commando). I also don't remember the name of the game.

I think this beats knucklebusters to the no 1 non game on the c64.

Dataeastfan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:53pm
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by SmoMo SmoMo wrote:

Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

there was a german version of commando with robots instead of soldiers so the germans didn't get upset,so who knows,perhaps it was an altered version to not offend cowboysLOL

Something similar to this happened to me, many years ago now, I was pitching a video game I had developed at a computer show in London, I managed to get a meeting with two producers from UbiSoft, one of whom was German.

I had a briefcase with me with the game design document inside, and I'd borrowed the briefcase from my mother because I didn't have one myself.

Anyway, I'm telling them about the game and I say its a bit like Wolfenstein, "Y'know, the game where you have to kill Germans"

And I just hear "Hmmmmm"

I suddenly realise my mistake, "..oh Nazis, I mean you have to kill Nazis"

"Hmmmm" again

Anyway, you'd think that was bad enough for the start of a meeting, turns out I then forget the combination for the briefcase, but I know it is my mother's birthdate.

And I can't remember when her damn birthday is, I'm just so stressed out already.

I considered whether or not to just run away, but I realised there was only one way forward, and that's because by my mother shares her birthday with a rather famous individual.

"Do you happen to know when Adolf Hitler's birthday is?"

The non German guy speaks up immediately "Yeh, 20th of April"

job done. Case opened. Never have to talk about Nazis again.

LOL!!!

Edited by Alpha1 - 14 Jan 2020 at 10:32pm
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by SmoMo SmoMo wrote:

Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

there was a german version of commando with robots instead of soldiers so the germans didn't get upset,so who knows,perhaps it was an altered version to not offend cowboysLOL

Something similar to this happened to me, many years ago now, I was pitching a video game I had developed at a computer show in London, I managed to get a meeting with two producers from UbiSoft, one of whom was German.

I had a briefcase with me with the game design document inside, and I'd borrowed the briefcase from my mother because I didn't have one myself.

Anyway, I'm telling them about the game and I say its a bit like Wolfenstein, "Y'know, the game where you have to kill Germans"

And I just hear "Hmmmmm"

I suddenly realise my mistake, "..oh Nazis, I mean you have to kill Nazis"

"Hmmmm" again

Anyway, you'd think that was bad enough for the start of a meeting, turns out I then forget the combination for the briefcase, but I know it is my mother's birthdate.

And I can't remember when her damn birthday is, I'm just so stressed out already.

I considered whether or not to just run away, but I realised there was only one way forward, and that's because by my mother shares her birthday with a rather famous individual.

"Do you happen to know when Adolf Hitler's birthday is?"

The non German guy speaks up immediately "Yeh, 20th of April"

job done. Case opened. Never have to talk about Nazis again.

lol, isn't that from an episode of Fawlty Towers, or something. LOL
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:38pm
Don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it LOL

There is some classic bits in those

Love the Yank with the Waldorf salad, when he asks him about the journey to the hotel, yeah I came along the back road called the M4 Smile
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

There is some classic bits in those

It was funny because we hadn't been exposed to real comedy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic