Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hang-on deluxe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Rust bucket, wouldn’t touch it with yours. You will be sorry buying that, but the very best of luck to you if you do.

I agree. I guarantee the monitor and chassis will be faulty, and can't be repaired, as they are a sega custom made 18" crt screen. The flybacks are non existent. Trust me I've had 2 both scrap jobs. It's missing parts, that aren't available simply by putting up a wanted ad. The seller wants a fortune for it. The shell is the only thing not rusted. It will cost thousands to fix that up.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:17am
Wow its been many years since one of these was on ebay
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
The Coin Reject Buttons are in same Condition as my Space Harrier, will have to have new ones made on lathe i suppose
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

That looks like a lot of work. I should have got the nice (but not working) one in Arcadia in Ryde when I was offered it 5 or 6 years ago. £200 was the asking price. Did anyone on here get it?

Yeah what did happen to it, i was tempted but held out for Limited One, was rather hoping i didn't find one as not really got space but cant turn them down when they come along

Personally i wouldn't be put off with any condition for cool machines like these, part of the fun getting working, hopefully it means you get a good deal too
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

That looks like a lot of work. I should have got the nice (but not working) one in Arcadia in Ryde when I was offered it 5 or 6 years ago. £200 was the asking price. Did anyone on here get it?

Wasn't it ebayed by the OP along with the rest of the cabs.
Wanted: Looking for a Euro Atari Millipede Inner Bezel or even instructions on how to make one.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 5:27pm
£1020! With 6 days left. Someone better get the Vaseline out.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 5:54pm
Looks like a few think it's not beyond saving, then!
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 5:58pm
I think I'm out now, might have paid £1k for it but cannot afford anymore right now. 

It sure would be a lot of work to restore it. But I'm sure others are like me and just have to own this game in their collection and the opportunity to get one of these doesn't come around that often so probably wouldn't mind the labour of love to restore it.
kingtreelo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingtreelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:23pm
I've never seen anything in that sort of condition restored.

Surely most of it will just need replacing, so you will be left with minimal of the original machine?

Seems like a triggers brush in the making
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
pcb looks in good condition should fire up first time LOL
wanted Ridge racer upright
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:58pm
Would all the parts from a cabaret not just fit in it
Thought I read somewhere the monitors are the same ?
I’d love to see a restoration thread on that
Surely someone has the skills to replace the metal on the base
I can hear the attract music blasting from it now and it sitting there just the way it is now rusting away
I’d still stick a quid in it and take a chance ,motorbike racing is risky so it will add to it ,the chance of it crumbling away and ending up on the ground

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by kingtreelo kingtreelo wrote:

I've never seen anything in that sort of condition restored.

Surely most of it will just need replacing, so you will be left with minimal of the original machine?

Seems like a triggers brush in the making

Should of seen the OutRun deluxe I picked up then, Owner did a cracking job on it, Afterburner was on ebay once that also had been in garden for 2 years and looked swme, sure that was restored too
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 9:54am
End of the day pretty much everything is restorable, dont forget the Bike is Fibreglass on Metal Frame, gotta hope thats not to rusted

Price now is getting a bit crazy considering the state of it
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:38pm
£1,120 ending price, anyone here get it?
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by K1ngarth3r K1ngarth3r wrote:

£1,120 ending price, anyone here get it?

Bet your wondering if another 20 quid would of got you it
It’s a big task to take on ,but I don’t think I’ve ever saw a red hang on deluxe forsale
It is the daddy of them cabs
If I was closer I would of bid I think
Maybe it will get listed again when someone sobers up lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic