ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

hantarex 9000 horizontal width problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hantarex 9000 horizontal width problem
    Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 11:44pm
Hi! I have a hantarex 9000 and the width is too wide for the screen. I read that if I adjusted the bridge coil it would help sort it out. Before I do that I just wanted some advice really. Would this help? Also which way to I screw it and how far?

Cheers in advance

Will
RGP View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Meeter & Greeter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RGP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 8:16am
Will it let you adjust the screen wider via the adjustment biard but not narrower?
Parts for fixin' and stuff for sale in our webstore here
Megaman255 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:04pm
Adjustment biard? Is that the pots on the back of the monitor? Yes I can go bigger but not smaller.

I did some reading up and adjusted the horizontal linearity thing and improved it a lot but its still missing some screen?

Thanks for reply!
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:10pm
it is a very common fault,capacitor C42
after you replace it you will need to adjust the lin coil again

i tend to use 4.7uf 50v bipolar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:18pm
Ah mint!
OK next question...
Is it difficult to remove monitor chassis?
Will I have to do anything like discharging it?

Cheers again!!
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:26pm
the cap is located inside the heat shield so it would be wise to remove the chassis,mtc9000 do hold a small amount of charge so it would be advisable to discharge the anode

the reason i suggest a bipolar cap is because not all mtc9000 are screen printed to show the polarity of the cap-unless of course you note this as you remove
RGP View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Meeter & Greeter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RGP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm
Yep, i've had about 5 with this problem over the last few years and I think I saw BP on the schematic revision I was looking at so i've used that ever since, worked a treat and you will need to re-adjust the coil again after.

As said by Gunblade - C42 is your target here.

It is cramped down that region next to the flyback so a steady hand and long nose pliers/long tweezers will be needed.

Parts for fixin' and stuff for sale in our webstore here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:49pm
Ok, I think I can do that...

I'll defo give it ago

Thanks for your help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 6:57pm
Hi I'm trying to find the correct capacitor and I believe this is the right one.
4.7uf 50v 6mmx11mm non polarised (Bipolar) 85c x2 Panasonic.

Wanted to make sure before I put it in!

Cheers

Edited by Megaman255 - 18 Aug 2014 at 6:57pm
tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 8:19pm
That should do the job although you should get 105oC ones (rather than 85oC) if you can. If this doesn't make any difference then the next thing to do is to check the width circuit, which includes a transistor among other thing I think. I also had a 9000 with a width problem a while ago where the width circuit was fine and it turned out to be a poly cap at fault. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megaman255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 8:51pm
Ah excellent I've found the ones you are suggesting!

I knew it was worth a shout before I went on!

Cheers again!

Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 9:29am
You don't need a none polarised cap for C42, just make sure you put the negative leg to the large negative track at that cap location which covers a lot of the chassis Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic