ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hello from the Isle of Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from the Isle of Man
    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:58pm
Hi everyone,

So yes, I spent my youth living next to a decent size arcade with all the classics. Never spotted the bootlegs they ran had until many years after, like Donkey Kong running on Galaxian hardware, 'Bobble Bobble' etc.

I'd be happy running a generic cabinet or two with Bubble Bobble, Wonder Boy In Monster Land, or the like. Quite fancy the idea of nursing ailing boards back to life too.

cheers,
Chris
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:47pm
Welcome aboard.
Join us in the chat room! UKVaC Slack

Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:33am
Welcome! Finally someone on IoM to buy the machines that keep appearing there! Big smile

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:37am
Welcome. I spent almost a year there, working on the new hospital in 2000. Still remember the newspaper headline, " It has rained on the Island EVERY day for the last 3 months!". What a sh*tty winter. Stuck around till June, the summer more than made up for it.

By then there were just a few sad Jamma cabs in the arcade in the town centre. Spent a lot of time in Quids Inn, Jaks, plus the obligatory weekends in the various nightclubs. I left the place a borderline alcoholic!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic