ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hello & Need Advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gavsta2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello & Need Advice!
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm
Hi, there my name is Gav I am 30yrs old and I have registered to this forum to hopefully find some information and help.

I have recently seen a Super Monaco GP Arcade Machine sat gathering dust in an old lock up somewhere nearby. I do not know the condition of the machine but it is the full racecar box style which you enter and sit in (it looks like an F1 car).

From a quick research on the internet I believe this machine came out in 1989.

Does anyone know what the value would be of this machine when it is not working and also working condition?

I feel a small restoration project coming on!

Thanks, Gav.
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm
Welcome aboard.

Virtua racing is a great game.
We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.
grobda View Drop Down
"Look at the size of that thing!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:49pm
this?

small? LOL

not much idea on value, few hundred working maybe? 
sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:55pm
That looks badass! Smile
AaronBoone View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:05pm
Welcome to the forum! A working one (albeit in kit form) sold for £600 a couple of years ago. But it did have spares galore. Untested I'd say probably £250-300 as it could just end up being an expensive ornament. That cab has an Air Drive system which moves the seat when you're playing the game.
gavsta2k5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gavsta2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:22am
Hi all, thank you for the reply. Yes that is the one in the picture. Air ride sounds like it could be expensive to fix? It is a bit bigger than I remember too that machine!! What are the chances of me finding someone on this forum who has redtored one of these? Thanks all.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:50am
Welcome, and epic first post dude!

An amazing find if so!! Yep sit in's are kinda huge for the average suburban home!

UKvac is the friendliest place for help and assistance with this stuff if you want to start learning and restoring, but even if you feel it's too much as a project to take on, please try to save the cab ASAP anyway!!
I doubt it'll be working in it's current state.

Once it's in safe hands it has a future (unlike when it's rotting in a barn or whatever) Smile
Plenty of folk all over the UK here who would offer to help shift it too.

Edited by Flinnster - 14 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:58pm
nice machine, offer the guy £100 to take it away!

Edited by jengineer - 14 Sep 2017 at 4:59pm
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
JESSYBR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESSYBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:00pm
welcome here

very nice find indeed,i would say 250 to untested

ik you have the time and space snap it up

good luck
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:40am
Welcome

That cab is so awesome

Edited by robotech - Yesterday at 5:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic