ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Help me fix my Nsm serenade stereo magic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadoilers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me fix my Nsm serenade stereo magic
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:46pm
Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Dover in Kent. Requesting help from members to get my 1963 NSM serename stereo magic playing again.
I purchased it two years ago and it never let me down.
I recently moved house and now it won't play, I will run through the issues.
Prior to moving the jukebox I opened the rear door and screwed up the two wing nuts, then transported the jukebox installed in new house and unscrewed the two wing nuts.

I went and made some selections, the first few selections played okay, but then there was a loud buzz as I made a selection, and now the carriage is stuck on the right hade side of the track and it will not move.
There is no record in the carraige at the moment.
The rear machine reject button does nothing.
The carriage move button inside the cabinet does make a vertical spindle spin and the disc plate spins as do both belts, but no cogs turn.
I have to flip the brass plate back by hand to stop this spindle movement once I release the button.
The carraige itself is almost and the end of the track on the right hade side, if I try to select a record where it sits the left arm rises to accept the selection, the brass pin stays up, but the right arm makes a loud buzz and clicks a solended without confirming a selection, the brass pon does not stay up.
I hope this is an reasonable explanation of the problem and I could supply more info if you think you could help.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:59pm
Think your best bet is to talk to member jengineer. He fixes jukeboxes.
Roadoilers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadoilers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:03pm
Thank you
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:43am
Sounds like the carriage it stuck on something? Impossible to say unless I actually had my hands on it, I’ve never worked on one of these models but they are very similar to the later Serenade models,

See if the carriage isn’t quite seated in the runners? or caught on something? if it’s trying to scan then it sounds like the circuit boards are working but it’s more a mechanical issue
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadoilers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:33am
Hi jet, thanks for replying, I did lift the carraige and remount it, the wheels turn free and I can't see anything that could obstruct it from moving. I can still make selections and the pins come up but the carridge won't move even though the motor works and the platter and a vertical spindle revolve, but of the four cogs I can see, the 1 larger horizontal white plastic cog which moves the carriage along the back rail, none of these move.
Of course I don't know the technical names for these parts so bear with me please,
When you say trying to scan, do you mean after making a selection the carriage moves along to find the risen pins?
If you do then yes it makes all the normal sounds but without moving, the motor does not stop as it would normally, I physically have to manually push the brass plate next to the carriage move button, to stop ithe working.
The carriage move button inside the cabinet is a button I press to move the carriage when adding or removing records, it basically moves the whole carrimage across the track to gain access to the record rack.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadoilers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:12pm
I don't know if this helps but the same carraige is used in vinyl models of the
Consul GP 100/ GH
Minibus GP/GH
Letkiss 100
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:41pm
Maybe it’s halfway through bringing a record out? Have you checked all the micro switches?
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadoilers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

Maybe it’s halfway through bringing a record out? Have you checked all the micro switches?

Hi, you were quite right the lifting army was in the up position in the record rack.
I removed the carriage and with it in my hand I went through a play selection cycle till the lifting army went down
I refitted the carriage and it did manage to play one record but when it got to the end of the track before its return to play another record it stopped and the lifringe arm came up again in the rack.
I repeated this twice 6 and now the carriage is removed with the lifting arm up, I can't get it to go down anymore.
Is this a cam problem do you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic