ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hi everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everyone
    Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
Just a quick hello from a new user. I've read the forum for a while but never joined, decided to finally join as there is an item on the sale listing I'm interested in.

I'm currently putting together original bits for a Street fighter 2 cab (boards, buttons, marquee acquired so far), also building a mame bartop from scratch (just need some art work and a few finishing touches) and on the look out for Galaxians original parts to build repro or original CAB to restore... But with work, young family, budgets etc these always seem to take a backseat! But that's ok as I'm not in a rush and I enjoy the hunt/reading around the hobby as much as the buying and using.

Cheers guys, as you were.
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:49pm
Welcome aboard
Dont feed the Fcuking trolls
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:44pm
Welcome in!

This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
TheDaddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:02pm
Welcome to ukvac !
AKA Wonderboy.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:55pm
Welcome to the forum
Duckman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm
Thanks everyone, already making use of the sales thread! Not sure my missus is too happy I've found somewhere else to look for and buy arcade gaming stuff. I did try to explain it's better than eBay...but I've still got some convincing to do I reckon!
TheDaddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:48pm
Hi Duckman , There is a way of dealing with the ' Wife ' Issue. I use it all the time its called ' Don't Tell Her ! '. Works for me ;-).

Dave.

P.S I have a nice Zero Point original PCB for sale / Trade if your interested ?
AKA Wonderboy.
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:14pm
Hi welcome, yes not telling her works for me, until she discovers another machine in the house. I brought that one to sell usually is the line I use. What I didn't say is when I'm going to sell it !
Out of room but always room for one more !
TheDaddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:22pm
Then clearly you are not lying Daz ! Lol. My wife normally ok to be honest never really moans about the stuff I buy so I am lucky. Do sneak a few things in mind. I do tell her I will sell some but have no intention really. Its a good Strategy to tell them how much you paid and how much its worth.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
Stickman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:31pm
Welcome to the forums, you will get lots of support here.

There is also a special formula you need to learn when asked “how much did you pay for that” by your wife, take what you paid suggest it was at least 1/4 of the real cost, if still too high just suggest you have gone half’s with a buddy or you are fixing it / storing due to a lack of space.

PS watch out for the unseen strange force that pulls you in, seems it has already got you as you are in For Sale section.

Edited by Stickman - 08 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm
Ohh how I wish for these cabs.... Robotron..PacMan..Tron..Gorf..Star Wars..Defender/Stargate
Duckman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by TheDaddy TheDaddy wrote:

Hi Duckman , There is a way of dealing with the ' Wife ' Issue. I use it all the time its called ' Don't Tell Her ! '. Works for me ;-).

P.S I have a nice Zero Point original PCB for sale / Trade if your interested ?

Cheers for the advice and trade offer, zero point isnt on my hit list but thanks.
Duckman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Shinydaz Shinydaz wrote:

Hi welcome, yes not telling her works for me, until she discovers another machine in the house. I brought that one to sell usually is the line I use. What I didn't say is when I'm going to sell it !

Smile
well, for the moment she'll spot new stuff in the garage, but I have "permission" for two cabs at the moment, which will be one dynamo or electrocoin Goliath type, and one galaxians / pacman style.  Once they are in situ, new PCB's can arrive and be stored (hidden) in the base of the cabs out of sight out of mind!
Duckman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Stickman Stickman wrote:

Welcome to the forums, you will get lots of support here.

There is also a special formula you need to learn when asked “how much did you pay for that” by your wife, take what you paid suggest it was at least 1/4 of the real cost, if still too high just suggest you have gone half’s with a buddy or you are fixing it / storing due to a lack of space.

PS watch out for the unseen strange force that pulls you in, seems it has already got you as you are in For Sale section.

Thumbs Up All good ideas...noted. It was the unseen force that got me to register finally I think, and yes...straight to the sales section!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic