Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

High Voltage Silicone Sealant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Voltage Silicone Sealant
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:41am
I had some of this before, which I think I bought from eBay, but now I can't find any for sale anywhere. Was it banned or something?

It's very handy for sealing anode cups that are inclined to discharge even after being cleaned, and I used it to seal small HV leaks elsewhere. Where can I get some now? Any help will be appreciated.

andyman View Drop Down
User
User
always pull away from your face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:50am
https://uk.farnell.com/acc-silicones/as1701-75ml/sealant-silicone-neutral-cure/dp/8497516
"The person you were referring to is a short, shotgun wielding nutter with a vindictive streak 3 miles long. And a Star Wars cockpit "
ColinD View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:53am
I'd be more inclined to use a thin smear of HV Silicone Grease on an anode cap.   

You can easily replace the cap if it's damaged and you can redo the dope around the electrode too.

Edited by ColinD - 14 Feb 2020 at 11:55am
Liam View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:07pm
I used to have HV silicone, but I think I threw away the remainder when the tube began to leak. I thought it would be as easy to get again as it was the first time. I'm not sure if that stuff from Farnell is for HV applications.

Meanwhile, I found this on AliExpress:

Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 3:28pm
I've resealed around the anode cap before with some HV varnish.  I think the recommended one is Corona Dope - think you can get it on Amazon.  I used some HV varnish off eBay

Don't know if that helps or not?
Liam View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:15pm
Yeah, that Corona Dope looks like the thing. Thanks.
Retromanic2 View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retromanic2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:59am

You can get it from this site:-

They do different colours, also sell copper wire if you need to do any yoke rewinds.
Looking For a Nintendo Cocktail Metal Coin Box.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic