Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Huge Arcade PCB Collection Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge Arcade PCB Collection Ebay
    Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:11pm
Click Me

£7500! Hmmm?
Wanted: Sega thunderblade Spares
nurtuo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
Sounds like a lot of cash. But a hell of a lot there.
I would love to know how you do the click me link.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:55pm
Crazy money for a load of pcbs .

neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

I would love to know how you do the click me link.

It's very easy. Just click 'quote' on the original post and you will see how it's done.

Simples.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Always looking for Cabaret Cabinets
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:11pm
£7500 for x100 pcb's is too much, he'll never find a buyer, I remember when Bob tried to sell his x114 boards for £3000 and no one was interested, I think in the end they were sold for £2000, ok I understand this guy has tested them all but trying to find a buyer that's willing to pay £7500 will be too hard

But I wish the guy well with his sale, sounds like he was a very enthusiastic collector back in
the day
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:24pm
As jengineer has mentioned I also wish him luck with the sale and a good description about the auction.

Unfortunately I would have said only a few of the pcbs are of good value such as nemesis.

Only my opinion but maybe 4K for all which is still £40 pcb and unless you have the skills and spares to fix then faulty and semi working pcbs might as well just buy the workin ones you want.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
urban_paranoia View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urban_paranoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:26pm
I'm just wondering why it's listed in Music > CD's! LOL

Who, me?
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 9:38pm
he would have more luck selling them in joblots of x10 at a time, or let people go through them and cherry pick what they want for the going rate

Edited by jengineer - 07 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:34pm
It might just be because I'm into slightly newer games, but there doesn't seem to be any standout superstar games there - as if they were sold separately. Suppose there probably is fair value in there if the list floats your boat (and even fairly common stuff like Pacmania sometimes goes for a fair wedge nowadays).
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:46pm
A very nice selection of boards, but I think he'll be very lucky to find anyone looking to buy the complete collection. As already said, be better to sell in lots, or better still, individually. You really need to put the time and effort in to sell something like this, IMO.

Edited by big10p - 06 Aug 2017 at 11:46pm
jiytee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:55am
Opening bid of £7500 is a bit greedy in my opinion..
If he seriously want to get shot surelt a reserve and a sensible starting offer would have been a better route....

50p says they dont sell Shocked (in one hit that is)

AaronBoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:41am
Yeah that's a crazy amount of money. About 25% of them are boots and 40% are either marked orange or red so will need work. Even the greens have caveats so it's not asthough they're all 100% either. Good on him tho for actually testing them and being honest about the condition Beer
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:46am
59 workers at 100 quid average each
41 non workers about 40quid average each
I can sort of see where he's coming from ,and doesn't want to get stuck with the lesser boards
They definetely aren't a bargain but id imagine the price outside of ebay ,hard cash would be a lot less ,
Say 5 k between a number of members ,you could have yourselves a mini raid :)

griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:53am
hahaha no chance
WANTED ridge racer upright
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:29pm
Far too many boots and almost every board is faulty, he is dreaming.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 3:16pm
I must have around 200 pcbs all in different states of either fully working, semi or faulty. Boots and originals.

I would sell them all for 7.5k

That's double what he is offering!!!!!

Unfortunately the days have gone when each pcb cost £8/900 new. As he states the longer they hang around the more will fail. Mine all worked one day but don't now.

Good luck with his sale.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 3:20pm
No anti-static bags?! Shocked
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
joe34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:05am
he relisted with make offer this time:

Edited by joe34 - 15 Aug 2017 at 4:05am
GadgetFreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:04pm
He needs to revise his listing anyway as he states 100 boards but only lists 99!
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
Has no one asked to call over and see him and buy a few?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic