Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Identify this cab :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify this cab :)
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:16pm
Hi Guys,

Well long story short, went on a raid and found... Well 2 cabs and a box of pcbs. What did I find next to a zaccaria 'invaders' and several pcbs was this cab, see pics.

Today I had the time so I wanted to find some information, in or about the cab. But after several hours surfing....nothing.

So, if someone can point me in the right direction, thanks. Oh and yes, no stickers of info on the cab.

I know for sure, it's a bootleg cab. Inside there is a bootleg phoenix pcb and a crt monitor. The coindoor is look a like zaccaria, but it isn't. Maybe a little reveal, one of the coin bezels has an exidy stamp. But then again, this is probably a gift fron a vendor after all these years.

I like the artwork and its a small sized cab. Also on top isnt made of wood, but of perspex and has the same artwork like the rest of the cab.

I think it is Italian, but maybe who knows. If anyone could help me and otherwise it will be just nice looking. Oh yes, they made a plate over the original controlpanel, I removed it this midday.

Greetings
David

Pics:

I collect pcb's from 1970 till' 1989.
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:51pm
nice looking cab,with warp and fire buttons,perhaps a bootleg of space firebird??
====WANTED====
LATE 70'S/EARLY 80'S BALLY PINBALL PROJECT
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:57pm
What a cool little cab!
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:02pm
That is one utterly cool and awesome cab, very unique, a lot of effort went it to making it by the looks of things, what a find.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
Kriseric View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriseric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:07pm
Cool and weird! must be Italian...
Looking for MVS carts: Thrash Rally, Stakes Winner 2, Spinmaster
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:21pm
When you get time could you post some pics of the insides?

Fantastic looking cab
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
slowcade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:41am
It looks fantastic! Very beautiful. I love such odd and rare cabinets.
DKams View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 7:00am
Hi,

Yes will make extra pictures from every side.

It is a very nice cab. I found an old sticker from an old arcadeshop on it. I think I mailed the right people, but nothing yet. The phonenumber is out of date :).

Thanks for the replies, it is stunning indeed.

Greetings,
David
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
That's an awesome find! It's probably made by someone like Sidam or Digimatic.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
AlexK View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 3:19pm
Hi,
i have nearly the same Cabinet...have found it in Switzerland and as far as i know it was made from RUMIANO in Italy.
Looking for Burgertime, Food Fight, Gyruss...
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:36pm
good spot there AlexK

looks like it is a Rumiano cab

some similar cab pics below

ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
DKams View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:45pm
Stunning cab!! Also a nice one! Well here are some extra pictures. Will search on this company to find some information.

Thanks for the input all, very nice.

strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:47pm
And there goes the coolest cab of the year award
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
AlexK View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:28am
here is my Version...as you can see i have a SKYLOOK Marquee&Bezel but Sidearts are different. And i have a Boardstack from Astroblaster inside (Bootleg Version) and it plays Astroblaster.
I think my Plexi will fit to your Cabinet with Skylook graphics...does anybody knows the game SKYLOOK ? i cannot find anything about it...i think it is also a clone of any original game with different name.

AlexK View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:36am
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 11:22am
It sure is a beauty. What a result when you took that cp off to reveal the original in great condition!

I saw a vid of this on Facebook a couple of months ago.
tb2000 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 11:33am
That curved top on that Skylook cab kind of reminds me of a Sega Holosseum a bit!
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:21pm
Very cool cab
Looks very futuristic in a retro way.
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
Love this cabinet, great find!

I know nothing about it but the sideart looks just like a game whose name has escaped me...there are 'walker' things that approach from the mountains. You can move your turret left/right and fire... I think it is a Sega game but could be wrong.

(I doubt the game I am thinking of is in any way connected to the cabinet, just a resemblence).
urbanledge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbanledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 4:03pm
So cool,
How strong is the plexi and how it retained ?
You would think someone would have smashed it over the years.

Do you think the OPs cab has been modified to fit the flat front bezel?

Edited by urbanledge - 12 Nov 2019 at 4:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic