ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Is it time we split the For Sale section?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: As we've grown so much, is it time we split the FS section for clarity
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
79 [74.53%]
6 [5.66%]
0 [0.00%]
18 [16.98%]
3 [2.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it time we split the For Sale section?
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 4:52pm
Hi,

I appreciate the For Sale section is getting pretty busy right now, and sometimes your posts are getting lost in pages of 'everything arcade that's for sale'.

Help us to help you by kindly spending 5 minutes on this Poll.

Your comments are appreciated and we'll review them and make a decision!

Thanks guys!

The UKVAC Team
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:30pm
Yeah that's you posting all that hardware! LOL 
Wrena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:44pm
Not been a member of the forum for long but my initial thoughts is that personally I would find it easier to split Arcade Games - so PCB's, MVS etc and Arcade Hardware - jamma cabs, foot pedals etc.

Pure laziness in my part to save sifting through hardware related posts when at the moment all I'm looking for is games!

Edited by Wrena - 03 May 2016 at 5:45pm
ben76 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Hunts Spies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:48pm
There's no option for 'looks like a boot' so I had also to pick a different one

- Ben
Wrena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:55pm
^^ like it ?? ^^
ianski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 8:04pm
I always wondered why there wasn't separate sections tbh, do it!
Looking for: Nice working monitors for my US games.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 1:42pm
More sections the better, makes it much clearer,

It would also be good to have somewhere where joke cabs get put, nothing more irritating than threads on coffee table/boxes/pallet cabs/mame monstrosities, that really no-one on this website is going to buy. Yes they are good for a laugh, but not clogging up the sales zone.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 1:47pm
Good idea! 'Clown cabs' perhaps (although maybe that's derogatory to actual clowns!)
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 9:39pm
I think it's fine as it is, however.... Smile

For:
  • You only need to read about items you are interested in and not browse half a page of cabs when all you really wanted to see are what PCBs, (or Parts) are for sale

Against:
  • You theoretically get to an item you're interested in quicker, which means you are able to send that PM for it faster....etc etc, except all the 'competition' have exactly the same advantage, so your chances are no better than before
  • Selecting 'New Posts' when logging on means you only ever need to trawl 1-2 FS pages anyway (usually less depending on how often you log on.....)
  • Post got lost in all the new traffic? Bumping 'sensibly' will keep it on the top 1-2 pages....(then see above)
  • 3 'For Sale' sections means there are 2 more sections than currently for people to post the wrong type of item in, that a MOD or Admin then has to manually move. (Sorry guys but it does happen! Wink)
  • You'll miss something - how often are you in the market for a PCB or a new cab when you see a Part for sale that you didn't realise you needed or had forgotten about but by God, NOW you MUST have it ("PM sent!")

REMINDER: There are NO rules against sending a PM to buy in a Valuations thread.
Space Harrier Arcade World Record Holder!!
Twin Galaxies Official Score: 42,384,290
simonden View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 9:52pm
Agree it is fine as it is. J+ did this split and it is now a real PITA searching for stuff.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:06pm
Fine as is. They did it on KLOV too, and even on there, where it's super busy, it's a pain in the arse. Seriously, don't do it. Ignore the vote count. Do we really need THREE separate For Sale sections? Bloody lunacy.
It's only original once.
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:31pm
I don't want the Sale section split, I really don't see any real advantages. More work for the mods and more of a pain to find hoarding materials.

As Lilley says, KLOV did just that and it did not prove popular.

EDIT: I can't believe 80% want the split. For the record, change does not spell improvement.

Edited by Equites - 10 May 2016 at 10:34pm
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:38pm
Keep the comments coming chaps, and the votes too!

We're taking it all on board and listening.

Edited by Alpha1 - 10 May 2016 at 10:39pm
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Equites Equites wrote:

I can't believe 80% want the split. For the record, change does not spell improvement.

Having votes on how to run a forum is a terrible idea. Full stop. Show most of the membership on here something shiny and new and ask if they want it, and you'll end up with a pretty predictable result. As above - ignore what people think they want. If mods / admin think it's a good idea then that's fair enough, I'll take that. But raise just about any flag and don't be surprised if people salute it.
It's only original once.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by tb lilley tb lilley wrote:

I can't believe 80% want the split. For the record, change does not spell improvement.

Having votes on how to run a forum is a terrible idea. Full stop. Show most of the membership on here something shiny and new and ask if they want it, and you'll end up with a pretty predictable result. As above - ignore what people think they want. If mods / admin think it's a good idea then that's fair enough, I'll take that. But raise just about any flag and don't be surprised if people salute it.

I disagree, im no big advocate for change as i love the forums as they are and wouldnt vote for anything just because it is new.

Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:23pm

Some people as you say will vote for something shiny and knew. On the flip side some people will resist any form of change because they simply don't like change, who does?

I have thought about this before though and would be in favour of it being split into either 2 or 3 sections. If however it stays as 1 section it would be good if everything was listed a bit more clearly as sometimes it's hard to quickly pick out which is a cab and which is a pcb etc if it hasn't been listed clearly.
ie..

CAB: Starwars £10,500
PCB: Commando £..
PARTS: 20 leaf switch but....
PCB: ....
PARTS: ......

And so on.

tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

I disagree, im no big advocate for change as i love the forums as they are and wouldnt vote for anything just because it is new.

Fair enough. Would be good to hear from the others that have voted. I've seen this before though. Back when I was on J+ they voted on whether or not to abolish the eBay thread. And the majority voted in favour.
It's only original once.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

Some people as you say will vote for something shiny and knew. On the flip side some people will resist any form of change because they simply don't like change, who does?

I have thought about this before though and would be in favour of it being split into either 2 or 3 sections. If however it stays as 1 section it would be good if everything was listed a bit more clearly as sometimes it's hard to quickly pick out which is a cab and which is a pcb etc if it hasn't been listed clearly.
ie..

CAB: Starwars £10,500
PCB: Commando £..
PARTS: 20 leaf switch but....
PCB: ....
PARTS: ......

And so on.

Part of that is fallout from from J+ splitting the For Sale into 3 sections. Something gets listed as "Galaxian" in the PCB thread, then gets cut and pasted over here. I'm not saying it isn't a problem though.
It's only original once.
t-m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:35pm
I vote leave it as is, splitting it up just means having to go back and forth all the time between the different sections.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:30am

No point trying to fix something that isn't broken sirs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic