ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Is it time we split the For Sale section?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: As we've grown so much, is it time we split the FS section for clarity
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
79 [74.53%]
6 [5.66%]
0 [0.00%]
18 [16.98%]
3 [2.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:32am
Id like to see a split but only and far as arcade and non arcade items from the main page.
As others have said, its pure laziness on my part and im probably in a minority on this one too.

Edited by porchy - 11 May 2016 at 6:38am
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 7:59am
Perhaps keep the same single forum but add prefex's that are mandatory to list the thread.

As already mentioned, it can be confusing by just the thread title if its a PCB or cab for sale.

So prefex's such as Cabinet, PCB, Parts...? In different colours to make them stand out more individual.

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
dj_yt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:13am
I quite like the approach of having everything mixed up. I think labelling threads when items are sold is the most useful part with regard to buying and selling. But not a big deal.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:59am
I voted for a split but I'm now thinking and after reading some replies here that just sensible titles when posting might be a lot simpler and save a load of hassle and work for everyone.
darthsylly View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthsylly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 9:22am
I wouldn't call the For Sale "pretty busy"; if people were posting items that were dropping down to the second page within a few hours it would be busy but it's rare for there to be more than a single page of items for sale in a day and that seems like good visibility to me.

I like being able to see everything for sale at a glance and I voted no change. Agree with previous posts - three sub-sections on J+ is a real pain. I've missed some items I've been chasing for a while because they were posted in another section that I don't check often.
Sega Astro City, Dino King & Mega-Tech owner.
maskeddev View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 10:39am
The vote is a landslide... at least split arcade and non-arcade x
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 10:50am
All valid points there. Maybe if we just renamed it as "Arcade Items for Sale", and moved "non-Arcade Items For Sale" up a level so it wasn't a sub-forum? Nothing really changes, but makes it a bit more obvious that there are two distinct sections?

Then just encourage posters to use decent titles in the For Sale thread and boom! job doneThumbs Up
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Milky Milky wrote:

All valid points there. Maybe if we just renamed it as "Arcade Items for Sale", and moved "non-Arcade Items For Sale" up a level so it wasn't a sub-forum? Nothing really changes, but makes it a bit more obvious that there are two distinct sections?

Then just encourage posters to use decent titles in the For Sale thread and boom! job doneThumbs Up
+1 Thumbs Up
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Milky Milky wrote:

+2
It's only original once.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 11:46am
I think a lot of things are missed with "Non arcade items for sale" hidden away as it is.

I'd leave everything as is, but make the "non arcade" section more prominent.

Not to mention you have to keep thing simples for tb Lilley.
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:47pm
I definitely agree with Tony that the Non-Arcade sections should be main forums and not sub-forums like they are.

As for splitting the For Sale... this same discussion happened on Jamma+ a few years ago and it got split... for me and although I was for it at the time, I think it actually diluted the sale items and made it worse as that was split into 4 sections including Everything else.

But if it is going to happen then I think Cabinets and Parts should be lumped together like how ArcadeOtaku is set up as that seems a nice split...

*Arcade Cabinets, & Parts
*Arcade PCBs & Artwork
*Everything Else

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic