ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

It's in the bag, man - 10p #117

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's in the bag, man - 10p #117
    Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
Hey kids! Ever wanted to wear a stripey jumpsuit and steal some gold? Me too! Go do that very thing in our latest podcast featured game, Bagman. Other fun activities include high speed mine cart rides and falling down lift shafts.

Many thanks to Alex Chuckie Egg for guesting on this episode.

ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:17pm
wae 'aye 'aye!

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:52pm
LOL having a listen now.

Glad you enjoyed Project CARS in VR Shaun LOL It's not exactly Ridge Racer is it?
I also span like a ballerina when I gave it a go at Arcade Club, as I also had all the assists removed and was playing one of the muddy rally tracks in the rain.

Bad luck on the Acorn going futtt. Ermm If you need a hand with them give me a shout. I have two behind me that need some attention too (one my original A3000 from '91, and an Acorn RISC PC from '93).

Oh a little freebie for the game and watch fans... download this and pop it into your nearest gameboy advance emulator Wink

Edited by Flinnster - 04 Oct 2018 at 12:20am

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
shaunholley View Drop Down
IN YOUR FACE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunholley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm
Thanks Dave. I can get someone to look at the Acorns when I've got time to sort it.
I don't think I mentioned on the show that I've 4 different VR systems now and in not one of them could I wear my spectacles without them crushing right up to my face, so I took them off.
ShaunHolley.
Shooting stuff right in't face.

Co-host of http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:01pm
Another great podcast chaps, sorry been terrible with my feedback of late, always so busy and rushed off my feet, I was hoping more to have a chinwag at the Ukvac Arcade Club event.  Was nice to hear Alex join the gang this time round.  Congratulations to Shaun in our new job at Arcade Club.

Didn't realise Richard Ashcroft lived in Richmond, can't believe Vic is not a fan.....at Pets at Home were you not Surprised by the Joy.....

Going to see him in October at Kentish Town Forum.

Keep up the good work.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
t-m View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:27am
Great podcast as always Smile

The story behind Valadon Automation is that they were an industrial automation company particularly in the field of concrete plants.  At first they got involved making power supplies for a French arcade machines manufacturer and then decided to get in on the game manufacturing business themselves.   They released a handful of games between 1980 and 1985 and also distributed a few games from the Spanish developer Itisa.

They stopped making games in 1985 but the company carried on until relatively recently when they were bought out by Vinci √Čnergie, you can see a copy of its old website here - no mention of Le Bagnard though!
sttic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:12am
ehlo!
Heard the ep.118 just now and realised Vic and Shaun really read any old ramblings "on air" (got to be more careful what I email in future).
The username was meant to be stylized version of "static" but oh man.. "stick", I'm half-tempted to change it to that now, that is just too funny :D

Anywho.. there was this bagman speedhack I slapped together after ep117 and emailed a rom file to the guys.
Like most know there is a checksum check in Mame that by default prevents it from running unknown rom files unless you do it from commandline, but there is also a cheat system that can apply modifications to running rom code. So shortly after I turned the thing into a cheat but wasn't sure if anyone's interested or where to post it.
Arbitrary file attachments don't appear to be supported on the forums directly, but basically by adding following under the <mamecheat..> line in mame/cheat/bagman.xml (or the stern version bagmans2.xml works as well, it's the same code just different gfx).

<cheat desc="Run, thief, run">
    <script state="on">
      <action>maincpu.md@0C4A=3C5400CD</action>
      <action>maincpu.md@0CA4=3D540ACD</action>
      <action>maincpu.md@0E8F=3D5410CD</action>
      <action>maincpu.md@0EA2=3C5416CD</action>
      <action>maincpu.mq@5400=FFFFC901C665823A</action>
      <action>maincpu.mq@5408=C901D665823AFFFF</action>
      <action>maincpu.mq@5410=833AC901D665833A</action>
      <action>maincpu.md@5418=C901C665</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

And when running mame with cheats enabled (either 1: do mame.exe -cheat on cmdline, 2: in windows create shortcut, edit Properties and add "-cheat" to Target, or 3: in mame.ini have "cheat" in "plugins" and "cheat 1" as separate line), while in game click tab key, go to Cheat, and enable "Run, thief, run".

To be honest, the game's a bit too easy with it, as long as player has patience there's no challenge anymore, but I suppose that is the nature of cheating.

Regards,
- stick

sttic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:35am
Oh, and the above was assuming everyone already has the relevant http://cheat.retrogames.com/mame_downloads.htm extracted, but if not here's the complete file with the above hack included just put it in mame/cheat/ directory (or wherever mame.ini has cheatpath config option pointing to).

Btw, sorry Shaun, having only listened to couple episodes I didn't realise how much you disliked the music quiz in the first feedback. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic