ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

J+ is closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by JohnBud JohnBud wrote:

^^^^ this. If you want me to kick off I'm cool with that ???

John - it's not helpful.

Rightly or wrongly a fair few people feel pretty raw about how things went for them on J+.  And I don't think that's limited to snowflakes who couldn't live with Hammer being 'upfront'. Other guys loved J+ but now its gone - and we have people posting here who wouldn't otherwise give UKVAC the time of day.

So we need to get along. And that is going to need some respect on both sides - those who thought that J+ was a dreadful place respecting that some of you guys had very different experiences; and some of you guys respecting that there are some people who still feel pretty raw about their J+ experience.

UKVAC'll end up being pretty sh*t otherwise.
It's only original once.
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Who loves you, and who do you love?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:35pm
Someone suggested I have a quick peek at this thread.

I have three comments only, and then I shall disappear back into the mists from whence I came:

1. Julian and his boyo were proper, straight-up, no-sh*t arseholes. That is a fact beyond any reasonable doubt for anyone who was there and involved. No doubt, at all. 

2. If you doubt, you probably weren't involved. No worries. Tragedy + time = comedy.

3. This hobby has always been about the machines, the games, the artwork, the history, and the delicious discoveries. So onwards and upwards and back to what matters!

Bye chaps x
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:35pm
did he delete his post ~ ??? i'm sure i replied to a post ??? if not i'm sorry @james you know i don't carry badges :) 

https://youtu.be/PI9jFp0cnig

tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by JohnBud JohnBud wrote:

did he delete his post ~ ??? i'm sure i replied to a post ??? if not i'm sorry @james you know i don't carry badges :) 

https://youtu.be/PI9jFp0cnig

I love you John. Always have. Always will !
It's only original once.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by trm trm wrote:

I have three comments only, and then I shall disappear back into the mists from whence I came:

1. Julian and his boyo were proper, straight-up, no-sh*t arseholes. That is a fact beyond any reasonable doubt for anyone who was there and involved. No doubt, at all. 

2. If you doubt, you probably weren't involved. No worries. Tragedy + time = comedy.

3. This hobby has always been about the machines, the games, the artwork, the history, and the delicious discoveries. So onwards and upwards and back to what matters!

Bye chaps x

Tim! where did you go, come back, are you still in the hobby these days?

Re: J+ - All the speculation is getting a bit boring now, I am sure Julian's original date of when he was going to pull the plug was around now, so if domains have vanished that was probably something to do with the deadlines he was up against.  Anyhooo, its gone and looks like its now had its cremation and service and put in an unmarked grave.  Fond memories, but time to move on and leave it as that.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:49pm
i just think it would be cool if we could all just do " what we do " no drama, no sh*t, not even playing and enjoying " what we do " 1 thing is for sure ??? i have seen some people post that i haven't saw in a long time Cool it's a raw thing for some and a party for others. i learned so much across the road ??? it was my first online adventure Ouch i made some f**k ups but with the help from members i learned how to interact online. i learned so much that most of you people would not understand Cry so can we all just accept that for some this is a time of mourning not partying Heart
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:04pm
Maybe I've overlooked a massive flame war somewhere, but it's rather nice in here - this thread is the only bit of drama I've seen in a while.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off'.
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:21pm
I was on both forums but this forum is definitely more relaxed and we are freely able to go off topic at times without the fear of admin interference and deletion of posts. Clean up time and thin ice...
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
'Thin Ice'

I remember that - Oh, do f**k off...

THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

'Thin Ice'

I got put on ‘thin ice’ because of Mr tb lilley.

Bastardo.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Equites Equites wrote:

Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

'Thin Ice'

I got put on ‘thin ice’ because of Mr tb lilley.

Bastardo.

Other way round mush. if it wasn't for you I'd never have been banished to the VAC; J+ would still be going strong; and I'd still be best mates with Aaron. You massive ruiner.
It's only original once.
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
a banned X member of jamma+ once refused to sell me a cab,because I was still a member of the forum a few years ago,and no im not naming and shaming them now!,most people who have been in the scene years know it pays to keep your fingers in lots of pies to get the good leads/deals eventually the ones who refused to use this site will join if they know whats good for them
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:02pm

Bye chaps x

+1
UKVaC often copied, never beaten.
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:06am

Bye chaps x

Tim, for what little it’s worth - you are very much missed and I attribute your absence directly to your treatment on J+. My only regret is that I didn’t speak up in plain terms directly at the time. Hope you’re ok and enjoying life out with forum shenanigans.
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Who loves you, and who do you love?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 4 minutes ago at 11:56pm
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

Tim, for what little it’s worth - you are very much missed and I attribute your absence directly to your treatment on J+. My only regret is that I didn’t speak up in plain terms directly at the time. Hope you’re ok and enjoying life out with forum shenanigans.

Hi dude,

You should never feel bad about what went on. You (and Mel) are one/two of the nicest people I was ever privileged to meet, and I met you both through this hobby. I met so many smashing people, and I include you AnDyC - even though you speak weird ;) -  that the bits I gave back seem like shortchanging you all. 

Sadly 'cos of life I went from coding debug ROMs to making actual games and writing shader code but I still stroke my Star Wars cockpit and enjoy the smell and think about you all. 

I collected a bunch of machines, but more importantly I met some ace people. There were a pair of c**ts spoiling J+, but the people were great.

Tim
x x x
There'll be no accusations,
Just friendly crustaceans,
Under the seaaaaaa!
AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 36 minutes ago at 8:24am

Hi dude,

You should never feel bad about what went on. You (and Mel) are one/two of the nicest people I was ever privileged to meet, and I met you both through this hobby. I met so many smashing people, and I include you AnDyC - even though you speak weird ;) -  that the bits I gave back seem like shortchanging you all. 

Sadly 'cos of life I went from coding debug ROMs to making actual games and writing shader code but I still stroke my Star Wars cockpit and enjoy the smell and think about you all. 

I collected a bunch of machines, but more importantly I met some ace people. There were a pair of c**ts spoiling J+, but the people were great.

Tim
x x x

You're the one who has a funny accent. Miss you. <3

Edited by AnDyC - 12 hours 35 minutes ago at 8:25am
UKVaC often copied, never beaten.
cosine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 4 minutes ago at 10:56am
Personally never had any beef with Aran or Julian, seemed alright guys when I met them at Play expo one year. Not denying they were arseholes, it's just how I found them. :)
I will miss J+, but maybe that will encourage me to post here more often.

Also, I should probably take this off the motor:

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
robotech View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 59 minutes ago at 11:01am
I want a ukvac one for my car
"Gentlemen start your engines"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic