Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Jamma 3 button to 6 button conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraveDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamma 3 button to 6 button conversion
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:32pm
So I have a 3 button Jamma cab that I put extra buttons in (when I was a LOT younger!) to make it 6 buttons. But I never got round to doing the wiring. Going to sell it soon so want to get it set up for 6 buttons as simply as possible.

I’ve seen things like this from Mikes arcade (Chamma/Pandora’s box adapter):
https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JA-CHAMMA

And this from Silverfox on eBay:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323838255411

And they mention also having a CPS1/CPS2 kick harness etc.

Don’t really know what to get. I just want to make it be compatible with all Chamma, CPS1/CPS2, MVS, etc, as simply as possible, without altering the existing wiring in the cab.
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 1:12am
Jnx atlus adapter is what you need, has jumpers to switch from chamma to jamma and also connectors for cps1 and cps2 kick harness, great piece of kit
Flinnster View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:13am
er.. just disconnect pin 27 ground on both sides and wire buttons 4,5,6
to pins 25,26,27 (player 2 is same but on solder side).
You then have chamma wired cab for pandoras boxes and it'll run most jamma and mvs games fine.
You only need to make a teeny adaptor for running cps1 and cps2 fighters on original hardware.

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
BraveDave View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraveDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by mozie mozie wrote:

Jnx atlus adapter is what you need, has jumpers to switch from chamma to jamma and also connectors for cps1 and cps2 kick harness, great piece of kit

Thanks. Can you help me understand how it’s different from the one from mikes arcade or Silverfox? Or are they all basically the same if I get the kick harnesses with them?
BraveDave View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraveDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

er.. just disconnect pin 27 ground on both sides and wire buttons 4,5,6
to pins 25,26,27 (player 2 is same but on solder side).
You then have chamma wired cab for pandoras boxes and it'll run most jamma and mvs games fine.
You only need to make a teeny adaptor for running cps1 and cps2 fighters on original hardware.

Thanks yes I’ve read about people doing this, but for the sake of £20 I’d rather leave the wiring alone and just get one of these adapters.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic