ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Jamma+ has closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skykappah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:38am
Hey guys, please stop the bitching and welcome all the J+ members that will eventually turn up, like myself. Yeah there's been negatives. But there's that is everywhere. I choose to ignore all that and have a good time anywhere. But coming here and seeing some J+ bashing is sending out the wrong message, especially this is and will most likely be the first thread we visit before fully integrating.

So hi again (I registered ages ago but never committed here, not due to preference but out of familiarity.) Hope everybody is well. Looking forward to the new experience.

Now why can't real wumenz be like cartoon wumenz?
uberpixel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uberpixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:20am
Most of the people who are bashing left so because of certain admin decisions either affecting themselves personally or people they know.

It will be a shame if the offer of hosting here is not taken up as there were some genuinely helpful threads.
Own: Sega Blast City, Taito Egret II, Sega Mushi King x2
Want: Sega Dino King/Love & Berry cab(s), Sega Aero Table, lottery win
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:39am
I was more than happy to use both sites and met more people in the hobby in the process.
Only differences I found was this came across as a forum for people collecting older games and with less rules.

If a mod wants to lock the thread and start a new One once more details are known about what help or support can be done to intergrate the two then that’s fine, that way it can be kept clean and polite about anything that’s gone on in the past.

Thanks
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by uberpixel uberpixel wrote:

Most of the people who are bashing left so because of certain admin decisions either affecting themselves personally or people they know.

This, for quite a few people in a small community to have a grievance shows something was being done badly.
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:01am
It's all in the past as far as I am concerned - although my own personal grievance was very minor in comparison to some other peoples

I would imagine that those people don't give much thought to it nowadays, and also a lot of those affected don't even use this forum anymore.

There will be no ill feeling towards any J+ member that joins, and they will be welcomed like anyone else I am sure

Edited by Purity - 03 Jun 2018 at 10:04am
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:27am
Be sad to see jammaplus go but its good we still have vac it might be a bit easier instead of going between sites but you have to be even faster if something is in the for sale section... andys fast enough now! Haha
*SMG*
Wanted: Daytona sitdown (plastic panel) Then please dont sell me any more cabs!!!

DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

If a mod wants to lock the thread and start a new One once more details are known about what help or support can be done to intergrate the two then that’s fine, that way it can be kept clean and polite about anything that’s gone on in the past.

Nah, it's not our way to lock a thread where people are having their say.   Obviously please keep it respectful if you can (and I've not seen anything not so far).   

For my part it's all water under the bridge and pretty much ancient history now.  I know for a lot of people it's still pretty raw and that's OK, people deal with things in their own way/time. 

As for possible integration/backup, Alpha1 has made the offer on J+ I believe.  If we hear something back then we'll look at all options and would seek your (the UKVAC members) input on solutions, but for now it's out of our hands.   Dsyde is obviously looking at various options, I'm sure he's had offers to help/take over the site since he's made his announcement.   It's up to him to choose how he want's to proceed.  If we can help we will, if not that's fine.

As already stated any/all J+ members are welcome here and always have been.

Dan

tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

Hey guys, please stop the bitching and welcome all the J+ members that will eventually turn up, like myself. Yeah there's been negatives. But there's that is everywhere. I choose to ignore all that and have a good time anywhere. But coming here and seeing some J+ bashing is sending out the wrong message, especially this is and will most likely be the first thread we visit before fully integrating.

So hi again (I registered ages ago but never committed here, not due to preference but out of familiarity.) Hope everybody is well. Looking forward to the new experience.

So, its:

- stop bitching
- stop J+ bashing
- stop the negativity
- welcome all the J+ members

Thanks for that.

Are you offering anything at all in return?

Seriously - this thread couldn't be clearer that J+ members will be made welcome. I see concerns about integrating J+ content, but not much else that's 'negative' and nothing that's 'bitching'.

J+ closing is a disaster. I'd much rather it stayed up and running for many years to come.
It's only original once.
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
Yes, it did seem fairly reserved comments made so far.

No idea what other forums are like, but it's all got to be less wild than the performance car forums, considering what we're actually doing as a hobby - a fight here would feel like a brawl in a tearoom

http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
skykappah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:32pm
I haven't had the chance to offer anything in return yet have I, as I've only just migrated. Also it was what I thought would be some helpful advice for us neutrals only just coming in. "Hey guys" only referred to the ones that were being negative And I did say "some J+ bashing" not a blanket statement "J+ bashing" regarding the thread. I also said "hi" and hoped that everybody is well. As I know it's a partial welcoming thread... In that regard, I actually offered a greeting already... If a greeting isn't good for a (re)introduction... I dunno what is. A video of me on my hands and knees, yodelling oh great negativity be thy name, thy J+ bashing come, who art thou mighty tb lilley, may thou praise thee, amen? Nah... That's reserved for the wife..
Learn to compute more clearly before you put your stand off goggles on.

And to you personally thanks for such a warm welcome.
Now why can't real wumenz be like cartoon wumenz?
Sbdesign View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
Stop the bitching
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
joe34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:43pm
let's give peace a chance.

Edited by joe34 - 03 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

I haven't had the chance to offer anything in return yet have I, as I've only just migrated. Also it was what I thought would be some helpful advice for us neutrals only just coming in. "Hey guys" only referred to the ones that were being negative And I did say "some J+ bashing" not a blanket statement "J+ bashing" regarding the thread. I also said "hi" and hoped that everybody is well. As I know it's a partial welcoming thread... In that regard, I actually offered a greeting already... If a greeting isn't good for a (re)introduction... I dunno what is. A video of me on my hands and knees, yodelling oh great negativity be thy name, thy J+ bashing come, who art thou mighty tb lilley, may thou praise thee, amen? Nah... That's reserved for the wife..
Learn to compute more clearly before you put your stand off goggles on.

And to you personally thanks for such a warm welcome.

You just keep digging in mate.

As you were.
It's only original once.
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by joe34 joe34 wrote:

let's give peace a chance.

In this instance I think that would be a good idea!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Remind me what happened to John Lennon, again. Tongue
cools View Drop Down
I joined ages ago honest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
Any forum closing is a bad thing. I'd offer to take it on myself however I struggle to find time to maintain AO let alone a totally unknown entity.

I don't have a J+ login, is it closing because of time, money or both?
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
Welcome to all who are joining. Sorry to see j+ is closing but i hope that everyone can continue to joke, trade and support each other on here.

Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
r-type View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:27pm
I'm sorry to see it go but looking forward to coming here more often than I currently do. Sometimes, things just happen for the best anyway and it will be nice to have everything in one place.

Looking forward to meeting some new people!
cools View Drop Down
I joined ages ago honest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

The Pandora box section needs saving as it's the biggest collection of information on how to mod them on any forum.

I've got several threads I'll be cloning to here or AO to preserve them. I should have done in the first place (as I lost a ton of restoration threads when killercabs shut).

Bang it in the AO wiki. If you need to bulk upload images LMK
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

The Pandora box section needs saving as it's the biggest collection of information on how to mod them on any forum.

I've got several threads I'll be cloning to here or AO to preserve them. I should have done in the first place (as I lost a ton of restoration threads when killercabs shut).

I'd suggest we need to wait and see what happens and what Julian decides.  Obviously by all means back up what you can for good measure!   I'm sure he's keen to preserve the content one way or another and this is the sort of thing that by the sounds of it does need saving.  

It is without a doubt that there is some content on J+ worth preserving - even if it's in just a read only mode.   For example the tech section has a lot of good info from 2004 - 2010 when J+ was really the only game in town while UKVAC was on it's hiatus.  There's even a few nuggets in there from me I'm sure :)  As I mentioned before if it were to happen we'd consult you guys first as to how it would work, where it would go, etc.

Arcade collecting is a funny thing.   If you get 6 VAC collectors on a internet forum you'll end up with a flame war within a week.   Put those same 6 people in a room full of old games (and usually beer) and you'll end up with 6 friends for life...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic