ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Jamma+ has closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by backflipper backflipper wrote:

Have you not read the entire thread.  The guy who setup jamma+ killed it without enough notice not even to his admin team and also without any consideration to the users who created the content he Lorded it over.

Yes yes jammaplus has gone.

Let’s move on now.

Edited by Purity - 02 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
miner2049er View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miner2049er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 6:56pm
Grabbing one of those T-Shirts.
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

Have you not read the entire thread.  The guy who setup jamma+ killed it without enough notice not even to his admin team and also without any consideration to the users who created the content he Lorded it over.

Yes yes jammaplus has gone.

Let’s move on now.

God dammit I got sucked back into this bullsh1t
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:49pm

God dammit I got sucked back into this bullsh1t

TongueLOL
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
To Calm yaself down, & for KARMA..!!

EVRY1 who commented in this post....
MUST Buy one of them awesome T Shirts...LOL

GAME ON........!!!Thumbs Up
WHO DARES GINS !!
JonnyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:27pm
Someone please shut this chuffin' thread. 
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 6:40am
We don't generally lock threads
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:52am
Just scoping your civilian wardrobe
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by JonnyG JonnyG wrote:

Someone please shut this chuffin' thread. 
Yeah, is getting a bit boring now!
miner2049er View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miner2049er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by miner2049er miner2049er wrote:

Grabbing one of those T-Shirts.

jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:06am
just out of interest is there any possibility of the Jamma+ site ever re-opening if someone wanted to do that?  or has Julian destroyed any chance of that? 

excuse my ignorance but I have no idea how Forums operate and how all the information is stored etc?

ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:09am
God only knows if he actually did this, but I am sure there was talk that Julian would archive it offline, so if he can be persuaded to part with the archive it could be resurrected.

But if he didn't take an archive and the server is now flattened, then it's gone.
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

just out of interest is there any possibility of the Jamma+ site ever re-opening if someone wanted to do that?  or has Julian destroyed any chance of that? 

excuse my ignorance but I have no idea how Forums operate and how all the information is stored etc?

It depends as said what Julian has done with the server.   A forum is in essence a back end database with a separate front end graphical (web) user interface that pulls and pushes information to and from the database.   The database can be archived or 'backed up' and stored away from the server on another server or off site disk drive and I'm sure there are some of these backups around.   You can then restore (or recreate) the database from these backups if you wanted to.   

So short answer is probably yes it could be recovered if Julian wanted to do that.   How much work that would be would depend on how good the backups, how much of the original server is still around, etc.
TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by miner2049er miner2049er wrote:

[QUOTE=miner2049er]Grabbing one of those T-Shirts.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

AWESOME....!!!Big smile
WHO DARES GINS !!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
If we could at least rename this thread to 'Jamma+ has closed / gone / died'* that might be useful Wink
(* delete as appropriate)

One day maybe someone will get access to an archive, plenty of offers were sent directly to assist.
I don't think anyone heard anything back, so I wont be holding my breath though.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 11:37am
I've just caught up on this having logged in to respond to a PM. Don't know what to say really. I would like to quote one sentence from a few pages back however, which although I've picked just a sentence, it's not really out of context as it stands on it's own:

Quote I don't get all the Julian bashing posts. give the guy some credit. judge a guy for what he has done

Unfortunately a lot of the Julian bashing was coming from exactly that. Him and Aran did some pretty nasty stuff at one point that for some of the people over here, I'm quite surprised didn't end up in court. I was not a recipient incidentally.

But hey, what's done is done. I managed to stay neutral all these years but only because I made a conscious personal decision one day (that until now I kept to myself) when all the crap was going down that I would never log in to the site again or attend any event that was anything to do with the site and apart from the odd occasion when google and cookies caught me out, I stuck to that. I think that was a good decision on my part because I'm not best know for keeping my cool on forums! I learnt back in the flame wars days of UKVAC to walk away rather than get involved. It's a lesson that takes a long time to learn but eventually I got it.

The content being burned is indeed a shame, but it's also genuinely not a surprise. I have to say if the hosting was on any form of pay for what you use bandwidth deal then that could have cost a huge amount if left up as people try to clone it all.

Anyway. Good to see some familiar names coming out of the woodwork as a result.

Let's all move on together.
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by trm trm wrote:

Someone suggested I have a quick peek at this thread.

I have three comments only, and then I shall disappear back into the mists from whence I came:

1. Julian and his boyo were proper, straight-up, no-sh*t arseholes. That is a fact beyond any reasonable doubt for anyone who was there and involved. No doubt, at all. 

2. If you doubt, you probably weren't involved. No worries. Tragedy + time = comedy.

3. This hobby has always been about the machines, the games, the artwork, the history, and the delicious discoveries. So onwards and upwards and back to what matters!

Bye chaps x

Oi Matthews!! Wasn't sure it was you initially since I'm sure your user name used to be 'trmmatthe' or something like that. Why don't you respond to emails any more? Cry

I check in every now and then to see how the gaming world is treating you...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic