ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Killer Instinct 1 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baadm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killer Instinct 1 not working
    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:56am
Hi!

My Ki board just broke up. It was working fine untill I decided to sand the edge connector. After this I hooked it up to my supergun and now all it shows are thick white horizontal bars with thin vertical blue ones. The sound led bulb lights up and I can hear one tone sound, the cpu gets warm. I inspected the cpu hoping to find any loose pins as I thought I flexed the board a little bit during sanding but everything seemed to be fine.

What would be the value of the board in this state?

Edited by baadm - 14 Sep 2020 at 10:02am
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:00am
This is in the wrong thread by the way ....

I would remove all socketed chips and clean, Check all of the voltages to the edge connector.

Dave.

Edited by TheDaddy - 14 Sep 2020 at 10:00am
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
baadm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baadm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
I noticed it when it was to late. I added the question about the value.

Edited by baadm - 14 Sep 2020 at 10:03am
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:18am
Golden rule I've learned: if it's working fine, don't mess with it.

I don't imagine it would be too serious of a problem if it's just the edge connector a bit knackered, but these boards can be a serious pain in the hole to fix. Even some of the repair guys won't touch them.

After the trouble I had with one I just gave it away, I'd pay like 50 quid for an untested board and considering the dead-end these games can become I certainly wouldnt be paying a lot for a worker either. Not good news, I know, but see what others may say.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:40am
If it worked before sanding the edge connector I would check the edge connector.

I would also heavily advise to never sand an edge connector. You are literally scraping off the conductive material needed for the game to function.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Flynn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:22pm
Ill buy the ide to cf if you are selling. Or if you come up with a price for the whole thing, let me know
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic