ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Konami Nemesis Valuation [No longer for sale]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:


Topic ClosedKonami Nemesis Valuation [No longer for sale]

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Flynn View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 521

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Konami Nemesis Valuation [No longer for sale]
    Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:45pm
Thanks chaps. You've helped me make up my mind



Edited by Flynn - 23 Jan 2023 at 8:06pm
Back to Top
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2015
Location: Worcestershire
Status: Offline
Points: 3045

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:29pm
Very hard to value that one, got to be worth 2.5/3k at least

Edited by Shinydaz - 22 Jan 2023 at 2:30pm
Out of room but always room for one more !
Back to Top
wonderbanana View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar
The science of shiny bananas

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Location: Herts, UK
Status: Online
Points: 616

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 5:21pm
That is stunning! Embarrassed
Back to Top
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Location: midlands
Status: Online
Points: 4237

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 6:06pm
A rare beast indeed just to clarify it comes with the pcb ?

if so you should have some pics of it running 

got to be 2k plus all day long if so 

ebay probably best bet highest bidder n all that
if you cant contact me im out gathering winter fuel
Back to Top
Flynn View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 521

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 6:47pm
Yes comes with PCB.

It wouldn't be going anywhere at 3k never mind 2k

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen another for sale and I do look all over, and the PCB commands a premium

I think I'll just sit on it as I'll not be able to buy another

Back to Top
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Location: Folkestone
Status: Offline
Points: 1120

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Flynn Flynn wrote:

Yes comes with PCB.

It wouldn't be going anywhere at 3k never mind 2k

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen another for sale and I do look all over, and the PCB commands a premium

I think I'll just sit on it as I'll not be able to buy another


I hope when you say "sit on it", that you mean you'll stick it in your game room and enjoy it. 

That thing of beauty needs to be played!
Back to Top
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2015
Location: Worcestershire
Status: Offline
Points: 3045

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:03pm
Definitely one to hold onto, see what offers come in, if someone wants it bàd enough, they might give you an offer you can't refuse.
Out of room but always room for one more !
Back to Top
frothmeister View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Location: East Yorkshire
Status: Offline
Points: 6291

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:29pm
Is it the same shape as any other known cabinet? Or totally unique?
Back to Top
cliche View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2022
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 252

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:10pm


I've only ever seen one decades ago in Blackpool

God, £4k plus I'd assume as I know I'd love one compared to other classic game cabs that are going for 2-3k

She's a keeper (or sell it to me for £50 Clown  )


Edited by cliche - 22 Jan 2023 at 11:11pm
Be seeing you
Back to Top
mozie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 7035

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:57am
One sold in captains Auctions last year for 1700usd plus fees. I was watching it and thought it would go higher given the mental prices people were paying for stuff.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/20007

Back to Top
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 2291

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:14am
The boards £1,000 the cabs probably £1,000

So I don’t think 2,000 is mad at all
Back to Top
cools View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar
I joined ages ago honest

Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Location: South Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 2233

Feedback: 4.4
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by frothmeister frothmeister wrote:

Is it the same shape as any other known cabinet? Or totally unique?


Konami used the same cabinet for a few machines. The CP and marquee are of course unique.
Back to Top
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Location: Folkestone Kent
Status: Online
Points: 2323

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 12:22pm
Despite it being one of the great games, it looks to me like just another wooden cab with a nice cp and marquee. personally don't think it is worth that much compared to unique cabs such as Star Wars Cockpit, EDOT etc which have special controls or look incredible.

If the board is worth £1000 as stated above, and the cab does look lovely and in great condition, then I would say an absolute maximum of £2000, which is clearly nowhere near where the owner values it at.
I guess the market is such that someone who REALLY wants one would have to buy this one, but I would be surprised if anyone valuing much higher would be willing to put their own hands in their pockets though, but what do I know, some people just have loads of money!
Back to Top
geotrig View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 141

Feedback: 0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by cools cools wrote:

Originally posted by frothmeister frothmeister wrote:

Is it the same shape as any other known cabinet? Or totally unique?


Konami used the same cabinet for a few machines. The CP and marquee are of course unique.

thought the same myself but couldnt think of a konami game with it to  prove it !LOL 


Edited by geotrig - 23 Jan 2023 at 1:28pm
Back to Top
tb lilley View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
5 Star

Joined: 08 Jul 2010
Location: Aberystwyth
Status: Offline
Points: 6274

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 2:32pm
What the OP would sell for is pretty much irrelevant. Something’s value is determined by what someone will pay.
It's only original once.
Back to Top
cools View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar
I joined ages ago honest

Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Location: South Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 2233

Feedback: 4.4
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by geotrig geotrig wrote:

Originally posted by cools cools wrote:

Originally posted by frothmeister frothmeister wrote:

Is it the same shape as any other known cabinet? Or totally unique?


Konami used the same cabinet for a few machines. The CP and marquee are of course unique.


thought the same myself but couldnt think of a konami game with it to  prove it !LOL 



Contra looks like an identical to me.
Back to Top
Flynn View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 521

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:05pm
I'm surprised at some of the logic on here.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.



Back to Top
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 2291

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Flynn Flynn wrote:

I'm surprised at some of the logic on here.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.





Logic is logic.

I know the full setup isn’t seen that often but it can be recreated fairly easy for £2,000. So to value it for any more than £2,000 isn’t logical.

Whilst you may want over £3,000 for it, what’s that based on?
Back to Top
cliche View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 06 Dec 2022
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 252

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

Originally posted by Flynn Flynn wrote:

I'm surprised at some of the logic on here.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.





Logic is logic.

I know the full setup isn’t seen that often but it can be recreated fairly easy for £2,000. So to value it for any more than £2,000 isn’t logical.

Whilst you may want over £3,000 for it, what’s that based on?



Call me a n00b, but if it is an original, would it not command that price ? Genuine question
Be seeing you
Back to Top
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Location: midlands
Status: Online
Points: 4237

Feedback: 5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:42pm
some people think they got solid gold while in fact all they got is chip board and plastic and wires ,it is what it is . 2 k is more than generous , think id sooner have a decent holiday for that kind of money 
if you cant contact me im out gathering winter fuel
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.262 seconds.