ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Leisure 2000 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leisure 2000 not working
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:38pm
Hi guys. I'm completely new here. I bought a leisure 2000 machine with 36 classic games. It was working fine but now only the cabinet lights up when it is switched on. It seems to work from a PC in the back of the cabinet. Although now it doesn't. I know nothing about these machines but it seems like there is no power to the pc (can't hear a fan or anything) also the pc in the cabinet is attached to the wood of the cabinet and upside down so I can't see if there are any lights on etc. Please can anyone help I really have no idea what to do.
Thanks
grobda View Drop Down
"Look at the size of that thing!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:07pm
photo would be handy, can you upload one?
sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
Ady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:11pm
Ha. I don't even know how to do that!
Eddhorse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:17pm
Well if your pc aint powering up then thats at least one of your problems.

Take it out and test it
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:35pm
What do you mean by PC? A computer or a pcb?
Eddhorse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:47pm
Good point.

I suggest making a few more posts around the forum.

Open a free photobucket account.
Upload your photos to that.

Then when replying here use the "globe with a link" icon to the pictures.

Edited by Eddhorse - 18 Jun 2017 at 9:50pm
Ady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:54pm
Hi. Computer tower in back of cabinet. I think it's not powering as I can't hear a fan but it's been screwed to the cabinet upside down so I can't see any lights.
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:03pm
Either in the tower or somewhere in there will be a power supply, your mains cable goes in and outputs to a connector to the pc motherboard. Try a new power supply, the cubiod metal box.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
Where abouts in Yorkshire are you?

obcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:03am
Computer not powering up could be anything from not getting any supply voltage to the power button that needs a press. Removing and testing it is the way to go.
Ady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:29am
Hi I'm in East Yorkshire nr bridlington
ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Ady Ady wrote:

Hi I'm in East Yorkshire nr bridlington

A bit too far for me to nip and have a look then LOL
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:21pm
Shame, I was passing yesterday! Seems like you have a right old hack of a cab there. As others have said, the first step is to make sure the PC is running OK, by taking it out and connecting it to a generic PC monitor.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
AaronBoone View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Ady Ady wrote:

Hi guys. I'm completely new here. I bought a leisure 2000 machine with 36 classic games. It was working fine but now only the cabinet lights up when it is switched on. It seems to work from a PC in the back of the cabinet. Although now it doesn't. I know nothing about these machines but it seems like there is no power to the pc (can't hear a fan or anything) also the pc in the cabinet is attached to the wood of the cabinet and upside down so I can't see if there are any lights on etc. Please can anyone help I really have no idea what to do.
Thanks

As has been said above you need to put some photos up. You say the cabinet lights up - is it just the fluorescent tube in the marquee or does the monitor come on aswell? Is it a proper arcade monitor or an LCD? How long have you had the cab?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic