Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Fix logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Lethal Enforcers Shooting Smurfs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversmurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lethal Enforcers Shooting Smurfs
    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 10:16pm
Just finished returning a Lethal Enforcers cab back to original. However I had a problem - the colours were really off on the characters - it looked like I was shooting smurfs - everyone had a blue tinge to them.

Self test seemed ok and displayed all colours correctly (so I thought) - so I scratched my head and left it thinking it maybe some palette issue.

Only when I went to put an Area 51 / Max Force board in did I notice that the boot screen showed Blue flames which I though was still odd.

Into the self test on this board, did a monitor colour test and this board has the screen colours listed, Green = Green, Red=Blue, Blue=Red - mmm not right

Had a quick look at the signal cable and you've guessed it Red and Blue were transposed - a quick shift around and red=red, blue=blue. Red flames and now LE is no longer asking me to hunt smurfs

funny thing is if it wasn't for a self test that had colour labels on the screen I would still be looking !

Don't overlook the obvious !
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 10:38pm
I had the same issue with my test board wired up for an earlier Hantarex monitor so when I tested the polo monitor it had the same issue Smile
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:34pm
Good fix, bet you had a bit of a sweary chuckle when you discovered that
kiels20 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiels20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm
I'll hold my hand up to that one too. Had a radikal(smurfs)bikers pcb I did the same with. Nice fix bud
silversmurfer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversmurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 7:06am
if nothing else it may help others doing a search for similar symptoms. There's so much in this hobby that are "simple" fixes that are easy to overlook.

As well as the Smurf Lethal Enforcers this week I had :

No display on Star Wars, but neck glow and spot killer on = Chassis power transistor
No High Voltage on Addams Pinball = Fuse

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic