Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Lindbergh psu / Ringedge DC Pinout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lindbergh psu / Ringedge DC Pinout
    Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
I have got myself a Ringedge with that I am looking to go into my Lindbergh shooting cab..The ringedge itself has its own onboard PSU compared to the external stand alone the Lindbergh needs.

My question is does anyone know if the Sega Ringedge DC out connector on the back has the same pinout as the top DC out connector on a Lindbergh PSU which I believe powers the parts in the cab.

It would make total sense that they are however I want to check as assumptions are not always the best place to start,..,..so I wanted to check 100% that is the case.

PICS below of the Lindbergh PSU and the back of the ringedge.

steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
Connectors have the same shape/configuration it seems & I could prob open up the ringedge to confirm for sure....If someone knows though itll save me the hassle lol....
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:32pm
Just for everyone who may want to know in the future, yes I found the pinout is the same on those connectors
Vamino View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:03pm
Nice one, useful to know.

I thought Ringedge PC's were useless without a security chip though.
Do you have a chip with a modified image?
Insert Coin[s]
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:52pm
I’ve got a working set of a game and yeah your right you typically need the game installed on the ssd (has to be a ringedge original ssd I believe not just any ssd either) and the security chip that goes with it....

Edited by steling1 - 13 Jun 2018 at 12:15am
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm
Yeah, it needs to be a TDK SSD.

You can get hacked HDD images that can use any keychip, but the information/media is not readily available. In due time I expect there to be a multiboot Ringedge option avaibale, but who knows when that will appear.

I bought a couple of ID8 stacks with the original keychips which ended up costing approx 400 a pop to get here from Japan. I also bought a few working + junk Ringedge PC's as spares for my setup when prices were more reasonable.

But, thanks to the hackers you can now play most games with a loader on a suitable PC but the JVS controls have been removed for the games I want to play.

I'm happy with what I have even though I paid quite a bit for the stuff, it just works and I don't have to mess about trying to get it working properly.
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic