Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Lindbergh psu / Ringedge DC Pinout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lindbergh psu / Ringedge DC Pinout
    Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
I have got myself a Ringedge with that I am looking to go into my Lindbergh shooting cab..The ringedge itself has its own onboard PSU compared to the external stand alone the Lindbergh needs.

My question is does anyone know if the Sega Ringedge DC out connector on the back has the same pinout as the top DC out connector on a Lindbergh PSU which I believe powers the parts in the cab.

It would make total sense that they are however I want to check as assumptions are not always the best place to start,..,..so I wanted to check 100% that is the case.

PICS below of the Lindbergh PSU and the back of the ringedge.

steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
Connectors have the same shape/configuration it seems & I could prob open up the ringedge to confirm for sure....If someone knows though itll save me the hassle lol....
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:32pm
Just for everyone who may want to know in the future, yes I found the pinout is the same on those connectors
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:03pm
Nice one, useful to know.

I thought Ringedge PC's were useless without a security chip though.
Do you have a chip with a modified image?
Insert Coin[s]
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:52pm
I’ve got a working set of a game and yeah your right you typically need the game installed on the ssd (has to be a ringedge original ssd I believe not just any ssd either) and the security chip that goes with it....

Edited by steling1 - 13 Jun 2018 at 12:15am
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm
Yeah, it needs to be a TDK SSD.

You can get hacked HDD images that can use any keychip, but the information/media is not readily available. In due time I expect there to be a multiboot Ringedge option avaibale, but who knows when that will appear.

I bought a couple of ID8 stacks with the original keychips which ended up costing approx 400 a pop to get here from Japan. I also bought a few working + junk Ringedge PC's as spares for my setup when prices were more reasonable.

But, thanks to the hackers you can now play most games with a loader on a suitable PC but the JVS controls have been removed for the games I want to play.

I'm happy with what I have even though I paid quite a bit for the stuff, it just works and I don't have to mess about trying to get it working properly.
Insert Coin[s]
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:45pm
Yeah, would love to see a Ringedge multi but like you said who knows when,...

I got this one for game Golden Gun (thats designed to run on a ringwide but I think its been modified somehow to run on this ringedge I got), but I found out that the game doesnt support the 640x480 dipswitched mode so it doesnt work in my HOTD4 as its a CRT VGA monitor in it...

Really gutted as it looks a really good shooter game...I tested it outputted onto a LCD montitor that can accept the resolution and it works on it so at least I know the system and game works but it'll have to sit in the cuboard until I find a nice LCD HD shooter cab thats for a reasonable price...
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:34pm
Shame you can't use your CRT with Golden Gun.
Maybe you could use a downscaler in the meantime?  I'm not sure of any solutions that you could use though, and would the sensors calibrate to a CRT in windowed mode?

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing what ID8 looks like when downscaled onto a Toshiba PF, I don't think it would look that bad but who knows!
Insert Coin[s]
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:06pm
The HOTD4 cab I have has a Sanwa PFX trisync in it instead, that being said whilst I am not a big fan of Sanwa monitors at all this one produces what I can only say is an stunning picture in 31khz mode...it is close to a mint PFX which helps...I have 2 tosh PF's on other cabs and it does really compare well with them I feel....I have no idea what the 15khz mode is like on the PFX though, might be terrible for all I know......

I did have a look at downscalers but I cant seem to find a solution that is any good, I think you could calibrate the guns to work with it in widescreen mode if I did though as the sensors are designed to work with lots of different configuration cabs screen size and styles etc....

Some Ringedge games do support a 640x480 mode (VT4 does) so ID8 might support a 640x480 output natively for that...its so hard to find definitive info online on what games support what mode I find so you can just try the dip switch and see what it says...(golden gun only works solely on 1360x768, when I set 640x480 dip it comes up with the message wrong resolution setting after loading the initial parts)...

To try 640x480 I think its dip 5 on rest off....
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:36pm
Yeah I agree, the Sanwa PFX monitors are very nice. I was lucky and managed to find one for my old ID2 cab. I spent hours and hours trying to get a 29e31s to my liking and gave up, I didn't have to do anything to the PFX as the 31khz picture was excellent when I got it. I briefly tested 15khz with groovymame and that wasn't too bad either.

I did try setting the dip switches to 640x480 when I first got a Ringedge, both ID7 and ID8 doesn't support that resolution either. With help from Chris (terminator2k2) I mounted a LCD to my cab which solved my problem.

Have you considered mounting a 26' LCD monitor in front of the PFX to play Golden Gun? I'm not sure how you would mount it though as the bezel has the sensors in it doesn't it?
Insert Coin[s]
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Yeah the bezel has sensors in it above and below the monitor

Also over the front of the sensors and monitor is a big heavy piece of glass as well so it would be impossible to put one over the top, I would have to remove the original monitor....

I did play the game by pointing and shooting at the old crt but watching via the LCD I plugged into on the floor to test it so I guess I kind of played it....lol...
Layer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:50pm
No need of PSU, you can connect Ringedge mobo directly on 220/230 V as it has an internal supply supporting both 110 V and 230 V.

I use a simple wire to connect it. I can post a pic if needed.
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 4:06pm
Yeah I made a connector to wire it into the cabs 110v ac for input to run the Ringedge internal PSU so that's not an issue...

However on my Linbergh shooting cab to power the internal parts of the cab you have to plug that connector into from the Linbergh psu to the cab as its an output plug (5v & 12v as they are 5v & 12v parts etc)...

I just wanted to make sure the Linbergh and Ringedge have the same pinout for that outputting connector before I plugged it in, as didn't want to short anything...which they do...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic