ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Looking for old forum member Trollian / XY-Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for old forum member Trollian / XY-Man
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:58am
I'm hoping to track down the author of this mailing list post: http://www.vectorlist.org/TechTools/2000/02/0006.html

I sent an email directly, but it bounced, and the photos are long gone. I love these factory test rigs, and was hoping to get in touch to see if he ever found any information, or could at least put those photos up again.
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:03am
I think he has left the uk,his machines were raided in manchester a while ago
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:47am
That looks like a post from Rav.
There is some info on the 9001 on klov I believe. It was a stripped down version of the pat9000 for newer pcbs.
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:51am
Think his klov name is pooka, but they banned him quite some time ago.
Good luck finding him!

*reminisces of the Atari goodies his must have stashed*

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:04am
I'm afraid XYMan is believed to have passed away some time ago.   He did move to the states and was active for a while but then nothing.

AtariScott on KLOV was selling a PAT9001 a while back, might be worth asking him if he's still got it.   There were only a couple of proto's made I believe, as backflipper said they were stripped down PAT9000's designed for newer games (90's and beyond stuff).

Cheers,

Dan
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

I'm afraid XYMan is believed to have passed away some time ago.   He did move to the states and was active for a while but then nothing.

AtariScott on KLOV was selling a PAT9001 a while back, might be worth asking him if he's still got it.   There were only a couple of proto's made I believe, as backflipper said they were stripped down PAT9000's designed for newer games (90's and beyond stuff).

Cheers,

Dan

I’m sure Scott still has it for sale after a deal fell through.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=412517

Edited by Equites - 06 Dec 2017 at 9:12am
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:28am
basic forum chronology:

(1)most people are on prdominantly US based rgvac mailing list
(2)xy man/Bazil contacts people he believes are in the uk and sets up ukvac mailing list
(3)mailing list moves to yahoo groups
(4)original yahoo group faded  and was replaced by uk-vac with new mods.
(5)group moves from yahoo to its current format (give or take)

XYmans active involvment seems to tail off somewhere around point4. Last time we met was by chance at the ATEI some considerable years back. I might even have the original 'Welcome to UKVAC!' email printed out somewhere....

Edited by karlcdoe - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:29am
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

I'm afraid XYMan is believed to have passed away some time ago.

He was still alive around July 2016 so I think this is possibly not the case.  That was over a year after the raid in Manchester took place, and the same was being said then.

There are guys on Klov that were in contact with him in 2016.

Whether things have taken a turn for the worse since then I don't know

Edited by Purity - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:32am
ieure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:43am
Great info, I have some good leads to work. Looks like pooka isn't banned from KLOV, but hasn't posted since 2011. I have a couple leads to chase down to see if I can find out any more about this thing.

Looks like pooka was selling things off around January 2011, and atariscott took some photos of the HP 9001 in September 2011. I wonder if atariscott's came from his Atari purchases, or if he got it from pooka. Hard to say, since the other photos are long gone.

As an aside, if you take a close look at this photo, you can see that the HP 9001 is stacked on top of a PAT 9000 base unit, which itself is on top of a CTS-1!

PaulSwan View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
ZZZ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:53am
He's still the current owner of the house is moved to in the US, so must have been alive recently.
Paul.

ZZZ
ieure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ieure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:54am
I got in touch with XY-Man today, he seems to be doing well & we had a pleasant chat.

Thank you all for the help, definitely wouldn't have made this connection otherwise.
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by ieure ieure wrote:

I got in touch with XY-Man today, he seems to be doing well & we had a pleasant chat.

Thank you all for the help, definitely wouldn't have made this connection otherwise.

dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:58am
UKVAC: Trading, Technical advice and now Seances.
Wanted: More Faulty Sega PCBs! :-D
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:44am
Hehe well I'm glad to hear that.   XY has his own Samuel Clemens moment!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic