ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for specific arcade cabinet with Super Str
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Looking for specific arcade cabinet with Super Str

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:32am
Double dragon dynamo cab perhaps?

Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm
No, I've updated the my first post with additional information. The Dragon Symbol Silhouette was only on the side of The cabinet, not the front and it wasn't the Double Dragon or Mortal Kombat logo, it was a generic Chinese Dragon.
councilface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote councilface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:06pm
This thread is amazing.
councilface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote councilface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:12pm
I'm assuming you've spoken to these guys?

https://www.8bitbeans.com/

Edited by councilface - 17 Feb 2020 at 10:13pm
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:45pm

Odd, Recessed, black joysticks? Check

Kinda Chinese dragon? You bet

Same time period between dungeons dragons and super Street fighter? Oh yeah

Case closed? For me, yup!

Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 7:41pm
No, that's not it, the dragon symbol was only on the side of the cabinet not the front and it was more like a Silhouette of a dragon from what I recall.
It wasn't the Mortal Kombat, Dungeons & Dragons or Double Dragon logo and it was entirely either Green or Yellow. Also the cabinet had 6 buttons on both the 1 player and 2 player side.

Edited by Cobra - 18 Feb 2020 at 7:48pm
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:11pm
These are not supposed to be images of the exact cab your looking for. Just trying to get closer.
Sticks get changed. Things get painted black, colours sun fade to different colours, what was once on the side isnt anymore etc etc.

Edited by strykr - 18 Feb 2020 at 8:11pm
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:45pm
I remember your post on J+. I also swear after it disappeared a black JAMMA cab with a red dragon was on eBay.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

These are not supposed to be images of the exact cab your looking for. Just trying to get closer.
Sticks get changed. Things get painted black, colours sun fade to different colours, what was once on the side isnt anymore etc etc.

I agree, I think the most defining feature that likely won't change is the front panel button set-up and sticks. Feel free to post as many arcade cabinets with 6 buttons that you guys come across up north.
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

I'm assuming you've spoken to these guys?

https://www.8bitbeans.com/

No I haven't, but looking through their Instagram page they don't have the exact Street fighter cabinet I'm looking for.

I've only spoken to 3 arcades in Whitby, ironically the 2 that said they didn't have the arcade were extremely polite and helpful but the one arcade that "claimed" they actually had the Street Fighter cabinet I was looking for were complete nutcases who were very likely lying considering how our discussion progressed and ended, lol.

When I called that particular arcade the woman who answered the phone suggested that I speak to their arcade technician, so she passes the phone to the "arcade technician" who for some reason answers with "what the f**k do you want" lol... I pause for a second wondering what the f is wrong with this guy but I kindly explain to him that I'm only looking for an Arcade cabinet that was possibly sold to their arcade, I then gave him the description and he responds with, "Yes we have it, it's stored in the back and no longer in use but you need a gambling license and a "gaming" license to own it, we can't just sell it to anyone"... Obviously that's bs so I play along and say I have those License's lol, he then responds with, "It's illegal to sell the cabinet and they'll probably throw it away soon because somebody might steal it".. and at this point I'm convinced that they don't have it and he's winding me up because nobody's this stupid.. but I ask, "What's the point of throwing it away when I can buy it from you" he then says, "mate, do you even know how much these arcade even cost, it's not cheap"... I respond with, "it's not up to me to tell you how much they cost, you tell me, name your price".... Then he hangs up... Lol. That was the last place I checked in Whitby.

Edited by Cobra - 20 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:12pm
Dude please give me the number I want to bend that guys ear.

I’m not the only person this sh*t happens too then..

O I found a test station PlayStation 1 green German version
At the tip,,, tip guy says    I cannot sell you this it has to pass pat test...

I say “ ok no worries pat test it then...?

So he gets the pat tests the out

And begins to stick some prongs all over the ps1 ?
Like literally sticking the prongs in the audio phono out
Touching the laser
In the controller ports ?
Under the lid ?
Not prob with the pat test...
So I’m like great this is cool this is going to well
He then says no I’m not selling it
Snaps the lid off
Pulls the machine apart with his hands and through the thing
In the big bin!

We exchanged some explosive words...
And if I ever see this guy in need I will defiantly cross over to the other side of the road!!!
I will be looking out for this dragon logo on side of the cab for you??

Please ring this dude again you need to know if it is there man.
Or ask a friend to Speak with them about it?
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Cobra Cobra wrote:

Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

I agree, I think the most defining feature that likely won't change is the front panel button set-up and sticks. Feel free to post as many arcade cabinets with 6 buttons that you guys come across up north.

Hopefully!

Although if i came across a jamma cab like that, first thing id do is swap the sticks n buttons out....

Hope it turns up for you. Ive been looking for a cab ever since i joined the hobby. Still havent found it :(

Edited by strykr - 19 Feb 2020 at 9:13am
Cobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Retroman839 Retroman839 wrote:

Please ring this dude again you need to know if it is there man.
Or ask a friend to Speak with them about it?

I don't remember the exact number. I'd have to ring up all the arcades in Whitby which I actually don't mind doing. In fact I recall that a few people from Jamma+ lived near Whitby and were willing to check but I really didn't want this "arcade technician" yelling at you guys for no reason and I assumed he must be lying because no rational person would react the way he did but I'll try again.

After realising wha I had just said after hanging up the phone he probably thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5LICn-9CM

Edited by Cobra - 20 Feb 2020 at 9:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic