Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Machines and Screens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Machines and Screens
    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 3:25pm
Hey Guys. 

I have a list of CRT's here that need to go. I haven't tested them but if their is interest i may be able too. 
Pentranic 28" Tri Sync x1

MS9-29S-E x2

Polo 28 Star x2

Also have a few machines:

Taito Chase HQ2 Sitdown with the blue plastic surround.
Twin machine Both missing power supply and one has a faulty sound board. 
Offers for the twin or a single side only we have the game boards too but we may be keeping one of them unless their is a good offer. 

Raw Thrills Fast and Furious 
x3 halves available cabinet monitors and seat units. some have boards inside but no pc. We do have disks and security chips for these that we can sell seperatly. 

Namco Ridge Racer Sitdown 
Possibly for sale. Problem with PSU but not 100% sure at the moment. Valuation only at this time. 
Machine is complete and looks good. Just need to sort the power issue. 

If anyone has a value for any of these that would be great. Offers welcome within reason. 

Thanks   
lix View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:54pm
Well, tested will always be worth more undoubtedly.  The MS9 chassis by itself I'de personally pay £50 untested, or £100 working, upto about £150 if it's had a recent service. If the tube is okay then add an extra £50 for something with a bright picture but a bit of burn. If the tube is burn free then probably worth an extra £100 on top of the chassis price.

The Hantarex Polo 28's, I'm not sure but might be a bit less? Like 80% of the prices I've just listed for the MS9 parts in the same conditions.

Pentranic I have no idea of.

I'de be interested in buying both MS9 and the two Polos in an untested state and could collect. If they were tested working with pictures available then I'de consider paying a higher rate, but would really like to see them running.

Steve.

rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
I will take a look for you tomorrow if i can power them. I have a stepdown for the ms9 wired up but i think it has a different plug for a sega loom. Will see tomorrow. 
Also the 2 polos, one is a polo 28 and the other a polo 2 28. Either way i will see if i can test them too.  

rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:08am

So the Polo 2 displays rgb but it has no control on the horizontal settings (can get the sides to come out)

The other polo displayed the same but has the all the controls working to some extent but shortly after the screen warmed up stopped displaying the test pattern. Still has all colours when checked with the neck board controls but just wont display from the input. 

Also got these MTC25 monitors that look great if their of interest to anyone. Brand new, possibly plugged in a couple of times but supposedly not compatible with the older games. With a converter board though may be great screens.

antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:41am
i'd be interested in one of the MTC 25's depending on what you get as a valuation. Unfortunately that isn't an area I can help with tough.
Big Apple 3am
tb2000 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:10pm
I agree with the above valuations. Pentranic flat tube monitors are a bit of an unknown. I'd say no more than maybe £40 if they're faulty as the chassis can be a pain to fix from what i've heard. Are they the dual focus ones?
No idea on the cabs.
The Hanty MTC 25 EV/3 are nice units. Usually used in bowling centre score board screens and stuff like that. 31khz VGA only as you say, i'd be interested in those though. As they're VGA only i'd say probably something like £50 each? The upper Polo 2 is dual sync. Can't see the label on the lower Polo chassis but it looks dual sync as it has the plug at the rear for manually changing frequency. You've got faults on both by the sounds of it.
robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:37pm
I have one of those pentranic tubes i paid £120 for it with a chassis that would work on 15k and 24k but not 31 k
Fixed it and blew it up twice
Nice picture when working but the scanlines are to big on 15k
Chassis are crap 666a variant
Would be a nice tube if another chassis will work on it which is why i have kept my tube
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
tb2000 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

I have one of those pentranic tubes i paid £120 for it with a chassis that would work on 15k and 24k but not 31 k
Fixed it and blew it up twice
Nice picture when working but the scanlines are to big on 15k
Chassis are crap 666a variant
Would be a nice tube if another chassis will work on it which is why i have kept my tube
Yeah the Pentranic can be a pain in the rear. I've got a couple of the more standard semi-flat tube variants that i'm 99% sure luckily will take Polostar chassis. That said, I'm sure I read somewhere someone said (might've been Jomac in Australia) that with the soldering redone (bit of a job but possible) and a fan installed to cool the chassis and neckboard, they go on forever. Pretty sure it was these chassis they were saying about!
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:49am
Yes i tried all of the jomac upgrades re capped all of it        up graded the two resolution switching relays reflowed all the solder and fitted fans to cool the neck board transistors all was good untill i killed it by sending ps3 480p via the vga cable
So its possible that the upgrades may make it a decent chassis
Its a lot of work though

I was never able to repair it again :(

Polo star swap sounds interesting

Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:56pm
Rob I’ve asked you a lot about getting
A monitor?

You where going to get back to me about
Polo chassi

I can come and collect
rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:55am
Only Polo Chassis boards i have are the ones pictured above. None of them are working so sold as spares. Your welcome to come get them. 

£40 each for a chassis got 2. 
Whole monitor Polo 28 - £80 faulty, 
Polo 2 monitor - £100 faulty but displays rgb

Pentranic currently untested - £100

MS9's Currently on hold
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:22am
Would be interested in one of the MTC 25's if you could do a chassis for one of those.
rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:27am
I don't think i can do a chassis seperate. we only have 2 of those and no extra parts. Would be looking for at least £150 for those. One of our guys said £200 but we could use the space. 
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:38am
Ah no probs, I have a nice tube but no chassis, I think the postage would be too much for the whole lot.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:59am
Hi rob when is good time I could come tomorrow ?
rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:29am
Anytime tomorrow is fine. around 2 would be best though

Edited by rob-udc - 11 Jul 2019 at 11:29am
rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:32am
Probably looking around £50 to post but i dont know how safe that would be.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:24pm
Thanks rob see you at 2
tb2000 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:58pm
How much are the Polostars Rob? I don't suppose there's any movement on the mtc25 price (if I bought both maybe)? I'm in Cornwall so couldn't really collect.
rob-udc View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob-udc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm
Polo's and MS9's now gone!

Still waiting on dragging the machines out to test so i will update when i do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic