ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

mame system 32 rom board info link

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mame system 32 rom board info link
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:03am
does anyone have a link to the mame info about the different type of rom boards/jumpers/eproms ect for sega system 32,I can find all the info about system 16 on line but can't find a working link for the system 32 stuff
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:21am
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:51am
helps a bit,but it's not the info on all the games, im trying to find out if ic36 is a 27c100 or 27c1000 on a golden axe 2,im converting a rom board for someone,the last one I did I can't remember what chip I used in that location,as I no longer own the pcb,if someone could check their pcb or knows the answer please let me know
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:06am
Am27c100

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:35am

On the subject, do you know if anyone's dumped or calculated the GAL on the top PCB?

Edited by John Bennett - 14 Jul 2018 at 8:35am
porchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:08am
Any idea what the Id of it is?
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:52am
thanks john,your a starClap
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by porchy porchy wrote:

Any idea what the Id of it is?

It's U4 on the very top mini-PCB (protection microcontroller board? - the one I've removed to get a shot of the EPROMS above)
I saw you'd reverse engineered a GA2/Arabian Fight PAL/GAL on your PAL website - was it this one?

Edited by John Bennett - 14 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
ive got a few old sega pals lying around,i'll see which ones I have
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm
Thanks . Basically I've got a couple of ROM boards and one is missing the GAL/PAL, so it'd be nice to complete it.
I've not tried reading the one GAL/PAL I do have as I'm scared of damaging it, plus it's probably encrypted. I'll scope/analyse it one day if it's not dumped, in case it's just basic combinatorial stuff.
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:47am
I have all these PALS,no idea if one of them is the one your after though,im not having much luck burning that ic36 on the gq-4x,I dont have any 27c100 at present so was trying 27c301 and 27c1000 eproms instead,they seem to burn ok,with the jumper wire a24 to gif pin 2,but when you check the chips in romident after burning the data is incorrect,so im a little bit puzzled on that one

====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
porchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 35 minutes ago at 9:25pm
I'm not sure if the required chip is different for different games but the one I got from GA2 was simple combinational and is dumped.

Don't think that lower PAL in the picture is from a Sega game, looks more like a data east Id to me. The top one is definately Sega but not sure what it's off. As it's a PLS153 it can't be security locked so can read it out if your programmer supports it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic