ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Millipede

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millipede
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:35am
My favourite arcade game is Millipede. Not sure if anyone can help but I have a couple of questions:

Where is the best place to try sourcing an original machine? I've tried ebay and googling but to no avail?

If I can't get an original what would you recommend for a good replica machine with a trackball installed? Extra games would be a bonus as my kids would get bored with 1 game (although I wouldn't).

Thanks for any advice

Edited by Pacman1973 - 26 Mar 2020 at 10:36am
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:33am
I got mine from the USA
Probably your best bet and get it imported.
Great choice though.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:46am
It's not a game often seen for sale over here, but a few years back a sudden burst of the Atari Ireland cabs surfaced all in short time, all of them converted so all project cabs if there to be restored

I managed to pick one up a few miles from me, which was pretty amazing as I never get much local, converted to Hyper Sports, I got lucky when all the missing parts came up not long after so I can restore it now, another job on my long list

There were 2 other cabs came up in UK and a few in other countries, but non since in last few years

If the other 2 haven't done anything with their cabs, you might get a project one, sides painted over on one with heavy marks in side art when removed though

After that your best bet is ones from USA
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:52am
USA deffo. Coinop warehouse or Coinop Amusements or Ken’s post on here.
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAC-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:58am
Fantastic choice of game.

Your other option is to grab a Centipede cab, a Millipede PCB and an adapter and play both games in the Centipede which was my choice.

Both awesome games, Millipedes are a heavy, awkward unit to move around.

Edited by PAC-MAN - 26 Mar 2020 at 12:30pm
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm

best option is millepede pcb with the centipede/millipede multi
and the high score save chip

i happen to know a little bird that has a centipede what’s your budget
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:17pm
You'll more than likely have to find Millipede pcb in USA also, don't see many here

The Euro shape Millipede cabs are a great size and easy to move about
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
Yep, very rarely come up now, I had two of those Euro versions when that little run of them happened all of a sudden at one point. Hell maybe this virus isolation, might mean I actually get to go and look at it at long last, I got the multipede kit in December and think I have all the bits to try and get it going. 

The states is probably the best place to find one, make sure it has a PCB though, those are now selling for silly money on their own.

Edited by Bensonrad - 26 Mar 2020 at 8:20pm
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
hatster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:20pm
why not get "chrisbarriedesigns" to make you one. im sure the artwork is available, would be minty mint then too.  probably similar cost to importing one from usa....

thats probably what i would do if I didnt have one already ;)

I have a spare control panel in reasonable condition, and a very dirty trackball if it helps.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:49pm
Hatster - was the CP from the Euro version?
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel. WANTED: VECTREX
hatster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:16pm
nope, sorry, its a USA one - the best cabinet in my opinion !
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:05am
USA ones look nice with full artwork and nice shape too

EU ones are Nice Compact Cabs
vids View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:40am
Got usa one will go in cabin and see how its doing left it abandoned at the start of the winter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic