Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Mr Do!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 9:25am
The Pooman can get 300k with little or no practice - Nice!

Reckon theres 500k+ lurking in there if you put in a few hours practice

I put a score on J+ but i'm not sure if I'll update it.

UKVAC feels more like home, and is more important to me than the "other" place.

Onwards!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Kewydee Kewydee wrote:

UKVAC feels more like home, and is more important to me than the "other" place.

Thats the genuine UK-VAC feeling....I also feel that way Approve
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 1:09pm

Another close call....

656,400 scene 44 - 7k short of my current PB

Man, I hate the 4's

Have also been pushing up the score on RetroUprising.com, with my alter-ego Meadowcakes. Now up to 543,200, I swear that the online competition mode is harder than playing on my cab.

Anyone else been playing lately?

Cheers
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:30am
Hey Guys!

Another breakthrough made.

High Score now 810,250 scene 54

Not scored in the 800k region since the 80's

Scored on Mame 0.160 64bit

Keep on pushing for that big million

Cheers
Muerto View Drop Down
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 6:33pm
Wow! great score! keep up he good work and me busy :D
Inside every tool is a hammer!
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 2:55pm
New Hi-Score 844,600

Scene 54

Scored on http://www.retrouprising.com/

Picture posted on front page of this thread

Cheers, Onwards for that million!
ianski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:32pm
Well done you are inching closer to the magic figure!
I'm improving as well, but not in the same league sadly, although I can fairly consistently get between 150~200K now.
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 9:36am

Thanks for the kind words Ianski

One day we will have to meet up for a "Day of Do!".

I'm open to teach anyone my techniques / tricks. If you can consistantly score 150k, you have the basics down already. Won't take long to get that PB of yours DOUBLED!! And then some.

Re-watch the video's posted in this thread, they helped me to polish my gameplay. Study how they move Mr Do! around the screen, the stop / start stuttering movement that makes monsters turn into diggers is a key skill.

Also I am slowly getting a Twitch streaming setup ready, when that's done you'll be able to see what I do to get these scores.

Onwards to that Million - Want it, Gotta have it

Cheers
ianski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 10:14am
Kewydee - Hertfordshire isn't that far from Cambridge, why don't you come to the Arc Aid 3 event in June then you can have a play on my Universal cabinet and show me your skills? Smile
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm
That's a great score Kewy.

I still don't 'get' the stop start trick. I need to get that in the armoury as I struggle past lv20.
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:37pm
Hey Guys

My Twitch channel now has some content, several videos of me playing Mr Do!

Not huge scores yet. 300 - 500k, it's still feels a bit odd to be streaming and thats throwing my concentration off.

Please have a look http://www.twitch.tv/kewydee_17/profile

Once I get used to streaming, it'll be onwards to that Million! Big smile

Cheers Thumbs Up

Edited to fix link. Plus no score lower than 400k on the highlight list now

Edited by Kewydee - 29 May 2015 at 7:28pm
tronads View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:45am
I thought I might have a go at improving my Mr Do score. I can regularly score about 400k on the machine at Arcade Club, so with a bit of practice should be able to get a bit more.

One thing though, I took a look at Retro Uprising and couldnt find anything about dip switch settings ???

I also couldnt find anything about submitting scores done on actual cabs.

Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:21am
On retrouprising there are 2 play modes.

Full mode give you access to dip switch settings. Score Mode has dips locked at Twin Galaxies settings and is watched by a site adjudicator before it is allowed to be posted to the Hi-Score list.

It is a MAME site so you won't find any way of submitting a cab score - for that you'll have to go to Twin Galaxies.

Post some scores Tronads, it's nice to find another Mr Do! player

Cheers Thumbs Up
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 2:01pm
Congrats on the 844k score Pete... very impressive.

Was speaking with Dom last week and he mentioned about all the fun you have been having with your cab... well at least he got to the bottom of it for you, even if it did need a hard drive to be added... weird.

Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:15am

Thanks Roger,

Yeah, my cab is a strange beast, it doesn't like to behave and if I'd known what I know now before I bought it, I wouldn't have bought it. (would rather have a smaller cab with less gremlins / grief)

Onwards to the Million!

Cheers
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:31am

Hey Guys.

Anyone been playing Mr Do! lately?

I now have multiple 500k+ videos on my Twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/kewydee_17/profile

Having trouble getting over 650k playing "live" and every so often I get an input lag which normally gets me killed Angry

Anyone with tips on how i can reduce the occasional input lag on my stream would be great to hear from.

Onwards to that elusive Million (I'd settle for a 900k at the moment)

Cheers Thumbs Up
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:44pm

Best score so far on Twitch 753,400 scene 52

http://www.twitch.tv/kewydee_17/c/6752165

Am stlll getting input lag occasionally - anyone have any ideas how I can stop that from happening?

Playing MameUIFX 64bit

Update - now score is 798,250 http://www.twitch.tv/kewydee_17/c/6761416

Had a full rack of extra men to scene 30, quite pleased with that Smile

Edited by Kewydee - 29 May 2015 at 7:25pm
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 3:06pm
Hey Guys

Came very close to beating my Hi-Score again

831,050 http://www.twitch.tv/kewydee_17/c/6804528

Got to scene 55 which is the highest for me in a long, long time.

13,000 short of my best, oh for 1 more scene, then I cound have done it

I continue to chase that Million, one day...

Cheers Thumbs Up
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 3:12pm
Great stuff dude. I've not played much this year, but have struggled to get past lv 25 or so.

I still don't get the trick to freeze the monsters, would you mind explaining it in a bit of detail for me please?
Kewydee View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kewydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 12:53am
Pooman, I've been thinking of how to explain the stop-start and "dieing" techhniques.

So hard to put into words.

This video will show you every trick in the Mr Do! book, how to move, when to stay put, how to control diggers. And the "dieing" which freezes your opponents so that they can be crushed, which ends the scene / saves your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvJeEgCFIFo

The guy in this video is a master, unbelievably brilliant 1,999,950 points scene 112

They even dump extra 14 men at the end Shocked

The video has everything you need. Study it. I used it as a training aid, I only watched upto my current score, then when my score went up, I watched a bit more. I watched it all while thinking of how to describe the tricks. Actions will speak better than any of my words.

This video was linked on page2 of this thread (Sorcery)

Edited by Kewydee - 09 Jun 2015 at 1:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic