ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nanaonanao Which one is setup right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nanaonanao Which one is setup right?
    Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 11:21pm
Finally got both my Outrun 2 cabs side by side and both look to have a good picture but when next to each other there's quite a big difference in colours

Which one is correct ?
Left or Right, Right looks more vivid and colourful but Left looks more natural but doesn't POP

I'm also seeing some interference on the Left one (newest cab to me ) had some issues at first with the screen going dark / light but tightening the VGA cable up tight sorted that out I think.

Edited by Brettster - 04 Jun 2016 at 11:29pm
Looking for More Space!!
silverfox0786 View Drop Down
Beware the Hillman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox0786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:16am
i would think they are both off

right is slight too dark  and left is a bit too light

Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 11:37am
Agree with above.

I always felt the monitor was a little pale but it was such a nice picture I never really fiddled, plus it wasn't an issue as it wasn't part of a twin like it is now..

The one on the right definitely looks too dark - for instance you can't make out the detail on the rear of the car.  Nanaos are usually pretty consistent in colour so I reckon a tweak on each should bring them near spot on with each other - maybe try the brightness/contrast a little, but I've found the SCREEN adjustment on the lopt can make a big difference (very, very slight turns only).

The Sanwa montors I had in my twin originally never matched properly - you see this all the time with UK OutRun2 twin out on site.

Glad the vga connector sorted the problems you had on arrival - must have been the jolting during transit that moved it slightly.  What's the other interference you're getting?

Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:22pm
THe interference is like a moving patten on the screen sometimes lines other times a herringbone shape
I noticed that when I moved the dash away from the monitor it seemed to improve
So not sure if it's the giant motor on the FFB that's causing it
Doesn't happen on the other cab
Looking for More Space!!
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:25pm
its earth or related to vga cable quality-what chassis are in there?
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:29pm
Hi Grant they are 2932's I think
The one on the left is quite a small Nanao chassis with a plastic tray

For earthing I tested continuity between the chassis frame and the earth pin on the plug which seemed correct

Edited by Brettster - 05 Jun 2016 at 2:31pm
Looking for More Space!!
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:20pm
I didn't get any interference or dimming of picture so maybe it is all related to the vga cable being moved if that helped the latter. It does have an extension on the vga cable to make it long enough to reach the Chihiro - this was an F355 cab so the cable was a different length to reach the original Naomi mobo.

Can't remember where I got the cable but might be worth replacing with one continuous cable if you have one to hand.

Other than that - is the chassis secured to he frame especially near the vga cable input? I say this because terminator2k2 had interference and found screwing it down in this area solved the issue.
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:51pm
Ah good tip on the Extension cable I'll have a look at that and see if thats the issue
not been under the plate under the foot pedals yet

Looking for More Space!!
JohnUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 4:10pm
Try setting it up using one of those web based guides that take you through the stages, can plug laptop into the cab then just swap the cables when you are happy.
"http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=morrigu99&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585"

Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 7:05pm
ok it was the VGA Extender
until I can get a longer cable I've cabled tied them together and its good now in that respect
I've also tweaked the settings to make them both look the same somewhere in the middle ground of the two in the pic :)

I still have the interference on the left cab though. hard to get a pic of it but I'll try something else in the cab to see if I get the same issues

Looking for More Space!!
terminator2k2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 8:01pm
i got some strange interference on my nanao ms2932 whenever i plugged in a vga cable....

thread

not saying its the same problem....

turned out to be a missing earthing screw and easy to check:

Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:44pm
I can vouch for the screw by the VGA input fix - worked on my Tosh PF too!

I can't recall ever having an issue with the monitor in this cab so either something came loose during transit or it might just be this..

Try and get a video of it so we can try and help.
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
Brettster, did you ever get to the bottom of the interference issue on the cab you got off me?  I get people PM me every so often with a similar issue and it's usually F355 or iD cabs concverted to OR2 Ermm

As you can imagine I get LOTS of PMs about OutRun2 LOL
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic