Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

NBA Jam dip switches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBA Jam dip switches
    Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:05pm
I sold an NBA Jam pcb recently. The new owner is trying to find out how to get the game from 4P to 2P, so he and and his son can play against each other, rather than on the same team.

Google is showing conflicting results in which dip switch changes this setting, or whether it's even a dip switch setting at all.

Has anyone got the board and can help with advice please? I believe it is rev1.5
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:08pm
It’s definitely possible as I’ve done it so that my friend and I could be on the same team.

I’m pretty sure it is a dip setting but worth him checking the game menu too.

Sorry, I don’t have mine installed to check.
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:35pm
Thanks for the reply

Despite spending the whole day on messenger telling him how to get the game working (turn the 5v up) and googling solutions to play 1p vs 2p (dip switch, update rom version, ask someone to make a P1 v P3 harness) the buyer has now spit his dummy out and is threatening to reverse his PayPal payment. What a waste of time

Remind me never to sell to noobs on Facebook again
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:49pm
some people think buying arcade stuff is like buying console stuff it aint , hes lucky the pcb works and not DOA , its a small issue probably a rom swop or dip switch  setting

i remember when i got my first cab and sf2 champin edition and then went back to the op and bought mortal kombat i remember him saying your gonna have fun setting up the extra buttons did not even have the connector for the pcb , i did not have a clue but i sorted it this is way back mid 90s i knew then arcade and  consoles two completely different animals 
if you cant contact me im out gathering winter fuel
sferigan View Drop Down
User
User

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sferigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:01pm
Not sure if this might help (or confuse more...) but found this old thread on the same topic:

btw: Not all of us n00bs are bad, just the bad ones ;)

Edited by sferigan - 25 Jan 2023 at 6:02pm
n00b but learning :)
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:04pm
I looked it up. It is Dipswitch 2 switch 1.

That toggles between 2 and 4 players.

He should go into the test menu and put on free play, then press 2p start for a vs game. 4p mode will make p2 and p1 teammate.
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by sferigan sferigan wrote:

Not sure if this might help (or confuse more...) but found this old thread on the same topic:

I sent him that exact thread. He said it sounds too much like hard work and he just wants me to buy it back off him. I've suggested he sell the game himself if he wants his money back for it
sferigan View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sferigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

Originally posted by sferigan sferigan wrote:

I sent him that exact thread. He said it sounds too much like hard work and he just wants me to buy it back off him. I've suggested he sell the game himself if he wants his money back for it

jeez... some folks :(
n00b but learning :)
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:47pm
Now bad mouthing me on Facebook
Flyback2021 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyback2021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:08pm
Hope it resolves itself, seems unfair to you. 
If you get back and all good, I will buy for my designated cab. Which I am running tournament edition on currently but original would be good to have for it.
Was busy with work so forgot to get back to you on here about the one you had for sale.
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:11pm
I sold it for £165. If you want it buddy then let me know and I can try and arrange it going straight from the owner to you, and I will refund him the cash
insx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 9:44am
I was following this on Facebook, I think it's been deleted now. The answer to the actual issue seemed to be either DIP swich 2/1, 2/8 or it can't be done. I guess we'll never know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic