ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Neo Geo 4 Slot MVS Big Red US Cabinet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare Rocking Shirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo Geo 4 Slot MVS Big Red US Cabinet
    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:37am
Hi gang, 

I have a working Neo Geo Big Red MVS 4 slot that I am wanting to get a realistic idea of value. This US machine I believe spent most of its life on a cruise ship. It has been lovingly restored from the ground up by myself and the previous owner i personally have spent many hours and pound coins on refurbishing it as it was my dream cabinet to own as a kid. It has had replacement art work, replacement T-moulding, replacement blank coin doors, replacement power supplies, replacement  Suzo Happ joysticks and buttons, replacement replica lexon plexiglass control panel overlay, replacement replica plexiglass marquee, EV panel has been replaced with fluorescent strip to light up marquee game card artwork, 4 slot main board has been completely re-capped, old Ni-Cad battery has been replaced with CR2032 holder for coin cell batteries, 4 slot aluminium cover has been spray painted Neo Geo Red to match cabinet, CRT is the original 25 inch Zenith tube which is in great shape for its age (no obvious burn in), CRT chassis is a Wells Gardiner K7000 which has been re-capped, new fly back fitted, fully re-soldered all joint on chassis. It has a built in 240V to 120V step down transformer as originally had US plug (now UK power cord fitted) and CRT is 120 volts and Jamma power supply is set to 120V so step down handles voltage conversion for both. Marquee bulb is on a separate 3 pin UK plug so can be turned on or off individually from the cabinet just to note.

Please excuse the mess in the background as I am looking to move so sadly this much loved cabinet is going to have to go to a good home that will take care it with with much love. Also please note that no MVS game carts or game marquee cards are included.

Cheers chaps

K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:07am
The fact that there's an Electrocoin 6 slot going on eBay for £1,000+ I would have to say this would fetch between £1,300-£1,500. 

The only thing that let's it down it the marquee light behind the EL Panels. 
Check me out on Instagram
Scalesy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scalesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:56am
Lovely cab!!! 
Kriseric View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriseric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
On this forum, £1000 might get takers. On Ebay you could likely get a bit more.

Wanted! MVS carts: Cyberlip, Sengoku 3, Nam 1975, Magician Lord
kidchameleon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kidchameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:59pm
Jesus how has this not been sold yet? If I was looking for one it would be gone within one minute of being posted here.
Rare Rocking Shirts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare Rocking Shirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:15pm
I have just decided today it is time for it to go, I feel like I'm selling a child! Cry I've got some interest in it already as you can imagine. Hoping to get around £1500 for it but I know most people don't have that kind of money just hanging about. I still have the EL panels (somewhere in the garage) which could be fitted back into the marquee but they need replacing due to their age. I would include them with the sale no problem if I find them easily.
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:45pm
nice cab!  

could do with the proper coin door but this is trivial I suppose
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
Rare Rocking Shirts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare Rocking Shirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:43pm
Yeah I have some old UK coin mechanisms but because it’s been in my home on free play I didn’t do any with them. The blank coin door does still have the coin bucket behind the lower door if that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic