New Astro City for sale thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Astro City for sale thread
    Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:59am

All,

Here's the New Astro City FS thread.

The cabs have had a long journey and in my testing so far one has a dead monitor and two won't turn on, there's not
even a power noise. As I am renting a spare unit at £250 every 4 weeks I am very keen to ensure I don't go into a second term.
So I am going to list the machines that have faults as a cheaper price, and i'll chase where I purchased them from for a resolution.

Generally the cabs need a good clean! They have been used up until recently. Some have paint touch ups on them. The biggest thing I can see now I have received them is that they
are official Sega 230V cabinets. Therefore no stepdown is required. It looks like they originally came from a distributor in France before going out of
Europe to where I got them from.

Some of the CP plastics have stress fractures (good article here) and of course there's marks and scrapes as they are used. Some might need wires recrimping also. If you want a perfect NAC then you will want to strip
them down and give them a good clean, and look to repaint the plastics. Remember these are 22 going on 23 years old!! They are from 1995. I think Arcade Art Shop will supply NAC artwork if you go this route.

I haven't got keys for all the machines, and the locks are random anyhow. It only seems the CP locks are the original Sega ones. I've unlocked the CPs and will leave them
unlocked to the new owners. They all need new sticks and buttons and I would clean the CPs and put on a new overlay (or just source the type of CP you want).

I've found these places for parts.

Coin slot entries
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-original-arcade-Blast-Astro-Versus-City-cabinet-system-COIN-ENTRY-new/263372683963?hash=item3d523c3abb:g:5NwAAOSwFPRZ1w5u

Locks, keys and other stuff like looms etc
http://www.hklegend.com.hk/?page_no=3

They are spare parts on eBay and forum members on here and Arcade Otaku as well as eBay are places to grab control panels.

I'll try and add another 7-10 in the next few days.

I've varied prices on condition and if they come with a PCB. Obviously the ones with current faults I and selling cheaper, even at a loss to stop eating into another 4 weeks unit rental.
I need to clear them ASAP.

Finally I have some 2 player stools. They are Chinese knock offs from what I can tell. If you want one I have 4 available and they are £25 each. One per cab please - let me know if you want one via PM.

Pix of the knock off stools here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLcDz_ARR68ucZjy6A

Original reservation list.

Flinnster 1
Nik73 1
TWB 1
retrob 1
CraigG 3 1
Retroman839 1
IDCHAPPY 1
SuperGoataku 1
ArcadeHacker 3
Turnarcades 1
itruk 1
Gamesmaster86 1
Jamie 1

NAC1
Comes with MVS 1 slot and Stakes Winner MVS cart £690
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLN9y7GOnfAVsFdFIA
SOLD

NAC2
Comes with MVS 1 slot and Super SideKicks the Next Glory MVS cart £590
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLN-BI6zJ67KTqkIjA
 SOLD

NAC3
No PCB in this one, I tested with a MK bootleg £650
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLN8NqLMKZqoL1ciHA
SOLD

NAC4
Comes with MVS 1 slot and Galaxy Fight MVS cart £720
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLN7yw1VwMM5XjaOEw
SOLD

NAC5
No power, no noise of power. Seems to be fuse related or dead PSU
Comes with MVS 1 slot and Super Sidekicks MVS cart £485
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLM2cSD4Zhj8ncZ8pQ
SOLD

NAC6
Monitor would not come on, will need monitor chassis servicing. Comes with MVS 1 slot and Puzzle Bobble MVS cart £540 
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLN6HVnontLktYinOw
SOLD

NAC7
No power, no noise of power, Seems to be fuse related or dead PSU. No PCB either £450
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5pLMzdIozbhp9ROc5Jw
SOLD

NAC8 
No MVS cart, i'll bung in a freebie cheap cart as I have some spare £650

NAC9
No power on this one, and no PCB £500

NAC10
Dead monitor, tested with my booty MK pcb, no PCB included £479

NAC11
Another dead monitor, works otherwise, tested with my booty MK pcb. This one has on the Sega serial stickers 100V Japanese and has Jap labels. However it has the proper 230v NAC transformer fitted.

NAC12
Works, although included MVS 1 slot has a z80 error. Tested with my booty MK pcb. There is the tiniest amount of Raiden screen burn that you can only _barely_ see when it is off. Crack in the NAC marquee Perspex but there's used replacement ones on eBay

NAC13
Works although fitted MVS 1 slot has issues and would not boot. Tested with my trusty booty MK pcb.

Will add more ASAP.

Edited by Alpha1 - 09 Apr 2018 at 4:49pm
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 7:44am
Edited - put the res list into the first thread

Edited by Alpha1 - 21 Dec 2017 at 9:57pm

huggers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 7:48am
Olly I've PMed you about a stool. You never got back to me regarding a cab so I assumed I didn't make the reservation list and put my cash elsewhere. Please swap me out for someone on the reservation list
8-Bit Andy
sergiopolog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergiopolog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:11am
Hi Alpha1! I PM’ed you a while ago asking for a place in the “second container “ list, but if there is some place for this one, it would be great,
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:30am
I am interested in one of the stools if they dont all sell with Cabs
Looking for More Space!!
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:09pm
If anyone needs the sega style locks I have a box full i got from YAJ a couple of months ago.

ArcadeHacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeHacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 5:34pm
Hi Oliver, still interested in taking 3, just sent you a pm.
Looking for the following board: Taito Chack'n Pop
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 5:50pm
To all that have PMd me. I've been out all day. From 8pm ish I'll start replying to everyone.

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 6:52pm
Pix of the stools added into the first post

penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Pix of the stools added into the first post

How tall are they and how much?

I could do with one for my Vewlix.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by sergiopolog sergiopolog wrote:

Hi Alpha1! I PM’ed you a while ago asking for a place in the “second container “ list, but if there is some place for this one, it would be great,

I will keep everyone updated. 

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

If anyone needs the sega style locks I have a box full i got from YAJ a couple of months ago.

That's awesome, thank you. Everyone go see penrhos for Sega locks!!!

Vintage76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 9:44pm
Nac7 is a really good base ! Is there a guy who came often in france (dieppe so the best way is a guy from brighton) ?
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 11:28pm
NAC8, 9 and 10 added

ill6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ill6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 9:23pm
Random... I am interested in a working NAC but need to get rid of a high res Atomiswave cab to make space. If someone is interested in a 3 way deal of some description!?
FanDabbyDozy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanDabbyDozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by ill6 ill6 wrote:

Random... I am interested in a working NAC but need to get rid of a high res Atomiswave cab to make space. If someone is interested in a 3 way deal of some description!?

Hi would be interested depending on condition of atomiswave cab.....
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm
NAC11, 12 and 13 added.

That's pretty much it now as others have sold privately on pickup.

I'll wait 2 days and if anyone that wanted one still hasn't responded to me or replied i'll sell them to whoever. So please get in touch as I really really really need shot of this temp unit ASAP.

Edited by Alpha1 - 30 Dec 2017 at 10:49pm

Turnarcades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnarcades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 7:45pm
I’m going to pass guys. Only just seen this thread with the Christmas hols and whatnot and none of the ones left fit the bill for me. Feel free to remove me from the list.
Knuckle scrapes, Stanley cuts, glue gun burns and power tool injuries from the workshop since 2004
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:55pm
To echo Turnarcades comment as well. Not spent much time on the forum and missed most of this thread, first spotted it last night.

I was keen on number 9 last night, but by the time I had chance to log on this morning it had sold :(
Snooze you loose I suppose!

So I'll give up my place for others.

Thanks for the work you've put in for this container Oll :)

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm
Bugger. I was after a NAC with no side-cracks under the CP and a working monitor. Ah well.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic