ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > New Users Post Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New Member Glasgow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member Glasgow
    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
Hi All,

New member here near Glasgow with a Nintendo Space Firebird cocktail cab that I have had in the back of the garage for 30yrs!  I finally need to do something with it as its been sat too long and is currently not working.

Hoping to learn from you all on here and see if theres some people who can maybe guide me in what to do or who to go to!

Mark.

john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 4:27pm
Whereabouts near Glasgow, that John Bud claims that too and I'd hate to be dragged by the baws to his place :D
marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 10:34pm
Aye well, you wouldn't want to get dragged down here either then! Originally from Glasgow, in Stewarton now. Yer clacker bag would be like a bin liner by the time you got down here! Where are you?
jasonm737 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jasonm737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 10:48pm
Stewarton?!?!? Thats even further from Glasgow than John Bud!  You're in my neck of the woods so I'll say hello. I'm about 15 miles south from you. You're also in the same town as the amazing Forgotten Worlds shop/arcade run by Allan.  I'm assuming you've already been there but if you've never heard of it, go buy some Jap/American sweets immediately and play some retro games! Its an Aladdin's cave of retro stuff.
Wanted: Roadblasters and Chase HQ
marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:02pm
Hi Jason. I've been up to Allan's place a few times but it's never been open. I will fire round again and give it a try. It's only about 1/2 mile from me. I've heard about the sweets!

If you're ever up here from the deep south then don't hesitate to come say hello in person.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:08pm
I’m in Glasgow too. Moving to Cardonald very soon.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:16pm
Hi virtvic, not too far away either then (20mins?). Good to know there's some local members.

I've been looking through the forum......there's a lot of clever people on here!
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:00am
Right outside Glasgow myself in East Renfrewshire so not too far from you. I have family doon your way who told me about the Forgotten worlds shop but I've never ventured in

Pharo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 7:23am
I'm in Irvine myself so not to far,definitely pop into forgotten worlds as it is something else.
marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:44pm
Hi Pharo.

Irvine!!! You guys are closing in.....Wink
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 4:13pm
Welcome to the forum
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:55pm
Thanks Alpha, looking forward to getting stuck in.
JohnBud View Drop Down
User
User
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:47am
Welcome to the vac :) we play pinball too if you fancy some silver ball action. The first meet of the season is in cumbernauld however the date keeps changing as the virus keeps closing us down. I'll probably have a video meet at some point this year but still finishing things off. Stay safe bud and hopefully see you at a Scottish meet at some point.
marcoos_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcoos_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 5:43pm
Cheers JohnBud, that would be great. I saw some guys on pinballinfo talking about that.  Would be great to catch up at some point.  Ive got a couple of machines so you are always welcome to visit for a coffee and a meet-up.

The Space Firebird is coming along.....although I seem to be uncovering more problems than I am solving!!!!

Edited by marcoos_1 - 09 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
sclark View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 9:59am
Hi Mark, welcome from another relative newbie. Not quite as local to you as some, but moved to Dunblane a couple of years ago.

Never heard of Forgotten Worlds til now, but will definitely be heading there at some point.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic