ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New XY Monitor Kit / DIY Vector Monitors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 3:46pm
Finished my first XY kit build, posted pics and videos on the facebook page but thought i'd also share here, see http://photos.app.goo.gl/DfJtqNTBIUGxtXzE2

Changed to a quieter fan and mounted it on top of the heatsink since those pictures were taken, also modded the posistor PCB to work on 240v so no step down needed.  Donor tube was from an LG TV from the early 2000s, not sure what the frame was off, bought it from ebay a few year ago, was all rusted up.  Really pleased with the way it all turned out, yoke winding hurt my hands but was not too difficult, just time consuming.  

Still have another kit to do, might have a play with a tube from a VGA monitor, I have one of those pentranic(?) quiz screens, expect will fail, but would be awesome to get something with a higher dot pitch going, be interesting to see what happens. 

Edited by radfoo - 07 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
Interested in buying G05-802 parts, thanks.
Del Griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:01pm
Brilliant well done, A member of the fb page didn’t have as much luck and fried the deflection, I’d be gutted
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by radfoo radfoo wrote:

Changed to a quieter fan and mounted it on top of the heatsink since those pictures were taken, also modded the posistor PCB to work on 240v so no step down needed.

Good work Oli, what was the change you made to the posistor PCB?

Picture looks great, what you playing the games with?
radfoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Del Griffith Del Griffith wrote:

Brilliant well done, A member of the fb page didn’t have as much luck and fried the deflection, I’d be gutted
Thanks, was quite a bit of work, pleased though. Yeah, I saw that the thread about the fried one, Fred sent him PM, think he will help him out.
radfoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

Originally posted by radfoo radfoo wrote:

Changed to a quieter fan and mounted it on top of the heatsink since those pictures were taken, also modded the posistor PCB to work on 240v so no step down needed.

Good work Oli, what was the change you made to the posistor PCB?

Picture looks great, what you playing the games with?

Thanks

I bought some new old stock posistors off eBay, rated up to 270v, so just replaced the one Fred supplied and also added an 8amp fuse.

I have space duel and tempest pcbs but the videos were when I had a zektor zvg hooked up. Not played properly yet but should have it all in the cab in the next week.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 7:52pm
Cool. I've got a rewound yoke ready to go for a TV just need time to build the thing
radfoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

Cool. I've got a rewound yoke ready to go for a TV just need time to build the thing
Good luck. Have found it an enjoyable project, hope you do too.  If you want to switch the posistor I used one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401364316781 

Edited by radfoo - 07 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic