Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nice Enduro Racer Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice Enduro Racer Project
    Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 8:34am
I'd love to take this on but have too much on at the moment. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152702347985
mcbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 8:40am
Wouldn't touch it - there's another thread on here somewhere that tells what befalls those that try!
mcbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 8:45am
Here's the thread... http://www.ukvac.com/forum/enduro-racer-18-wheeler-op-wolf-3_topic358451.html
Goodwinsplace View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
That sucks. What a crap seller.
Goodwinsplace View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm
Another non sale, hope they realise it's not worth what they want!
beckscc2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckscc2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:16pm
And Enduro racer has a suicide battery if i remember well?

Edited by beckscc2010 - 20 Sep 2017 at 6:16pm
prof peach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
I do like Enduro Racer, I just wish he'd decide on a BIN price and then someone could get hold of it.
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by beckscc2010 beckscc2010 wrote:

And Enduro racer has a suicide battery if i remember well?

Correct, decrypted ROMs are available and tested working on hardware.

You can find them on Porchy's site at Jammarcade.net
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:01pm
It's back again with a BIN price of £300:

Judging by the (terrible) pictures I think that's waaaaaaaay over the top.  The description says the pcb "must be ok" but the graphics appear to be corrupted.  That or the monitor is screwed (I can't tell in those pictures).
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:34pm
The monitor is fine - the (4-stack) PCB is faulty...
Space Harrier Arcade World Record Holder!!
Twin Galaxies Official Score: 42,384,290
Have a question about the forum? Need some help? Why not drop me a PM...
Fantazia2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Jodo Jodo wrote:

The monitor is fine - the (4-stack) PCB is faulty...

Surely not, his description (if you can manage to decipher it) says that due to it making sound the board set is fully working and its the monitor that is faulty.

We should take his description as accurate, even if we can see from the pictures that the monitor appears to be fully working and the board set is screwed.
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

Surely not, his description (if you can manage to decipher it) says that due to it making sound the board set is fully working and its the monitor that is faulty. We should take his description as accurate, even if we can see from the pictures that the monitor appears to be fully working and the board set is screwed.

Actually no. Upon further inspection I'm calling both a monitor fault (HV lines and distorted text) AND a PCB fault; sound or no sound, that PCB definitely has a graphics fault and is not fully working.

I'd venture the seller knows very little about troubleshooting arcade machines and being able to recognise and accurately describe faults....
Space Harrier Arcade World Record Holder!!
Twin Galaxies Official Score: 42,384,290
Have a question about the forum? Need some help? Why not drop me a PM...
Fantazia2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:40pm
It might help if they would actually clean some of the muck off it or take some decent photos, that control panel looks like its been  buried under a wet hay bail for some years.

The text looks ok in the last picture, can clearly see "Insert Coin" and "Sega 1986". Do you think the horizontal lines are actually on the monitor, I kind of get the impression that its a light reflection from behind the camera, possibly in a barn.

Not sure if I would trust anything the seller says as going by the other thread they dont seem that genuine, what with refusing to honor the winning bids as its not gone for the price they wanted and not returning contact from people who have paid for machines they won.

dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:05pm
I actually think that if the seller posted some decent shots of the cabinet itself and its physical condition, £300 bin is 'ok' for a non working enduro racer. Its just the sales tactics of this seller is enough to put most off. Honesty goes a long way in business.
prof peach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:08am
Well, at least he's come off the fence with a BiN price. That's something to work with. It's a pretty rare game nowadays, be nice to see it rescued and restored.
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Hi guys, I bought it and have it home, I’m gonna start a new thread for it as restoration, I will need your help chaps!
I will post tonight, I have lots of pictures to show you. I will tell you all about the seller, the price and everything
Frazer
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:37pm
interesting stuff,  let me guess, oldish guy with some kind of gypsy circus fairground background but still has his hand in operating, something like that probably
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:41pm
Glad someone finally bought it! Looking forward to the thread. 2huwman also owns one of these. :)
2huwman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by dj_yt dj_yt wrote:

Glad someone finally bought it! Looking forward to the thread. 2huwman also owns one of these. :)

Yes, and I've finally got the original monitor working again, thanks to gunblade!

Will be interested to see how this one is. Happy to help if I can.
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:30pm
Here is my post 
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic360770_post1017404.html#1017404

ps thanks for the offer of help 2huwman, im gonn need it.

here are the original pictures from the seller:

Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic