ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nintendo Helifire Cocktail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 1:12pm
Nice to see her up and running! James (RGP) has my board at the moment and I've got a switcher in ready.

Let me know if you want a blue button for the P1 & P2 selectors as I have quite a few spare blue ones now!
Current cabs:
Mini Donkey Kong (Arcade Base 60-in-1)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3 (Rebuild Complete!)
HeliFire Cocktail
Popeye Cocktail (In transit)
Space Fever B&W Cocktail
-------
mynintendoarcade.com
timerunner88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:15pm
Hey folks! I am also in the midst of a HeliFire restore although I managed to find an original upright cabinet that someone had converted into a Popeye. The original control panel was modified to fit the Popeye overlay so I bargained down the original $895 control panel that has been on eBay for forever and purchased it for this cabinet. All that's left is finding a PCB, bezel and marquee. Which is what brings me here -- is any of this vectored artwork available for me to cobble together? I believe the long rectangular help sticker (controller instructions) is shared across the cocktail and upright? HEre's a photo of someone else's original Helifire upright for reference:

JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by timerunner88 timerunner88 wrote:

Hey folks! I am also in the midst of a HeliFire restore although I managed to find an original upright cabinet that someone had converted into a Popeye. The original control panel was modified to fit the Popeye overlay so I bargained down the original $895 control panel that has been on eBay for forever and purchased it for this cabinet. All that's left is finding a PCB, bezel and marquee. Which is what brings me here -- is any of this vectored artwork available for me to cobble together? I believe the long rectangular help sticker (controller instructions) is shared across the cocktail and upright? HEre's a photo of someone else's original Helifire upright for reference:

Hey timerunner88, good to see you from KLOV!

Olly (muddymusic) on here has redone all of the artwork from the cocktail for his own, so it may be best to give him a try
Current cabs:
Mini Donkey Kong (Arcade Base 60-in-1)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3 (Rebuild Complete!)
HeliFire Cocktail
Popeye Cocktail (In transit)
Space Fever B&W Cocktail
-------
mynintendoarcade.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:21pm
Thank you! I'll give muddymusic a PM right now.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by timerunner88 timerunner88 wrote:

Hey dude, good to see a pic of your instruction decal so I can see the correct colours too, mine has faded badly. I've not finished the vector work just yet but proabably 75% of the way done, so I'll post here when it's finished.

Edited by muddymusic - 14 Sep 2017 at 7:07pm
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:42pm
How goes it? I'm sorry about nagging -- I'm just getting very close to needing this and I have a lot of free time so wondering if I should start making my own vector in the meantime? I would love to help you out and share the end product, too. Whatever works!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
Taken a while to get around to it, but the first decal is finished. Just need to do some colour matching on the blue and then I'll get it printed.

The other sticker is a little easier so I'll finish that early next week.

Very useful having your picture above - mine has sun faded very badly so I couldn't even tell the copter was meant to be yellow, and the blues are much different too.

Edited by muddymusic - 12 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:44pm
This is much more accurate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:59pm
Looks incredible. Let me know when you're printing as I am in for two of them (one extra in case something ever happens. Thanks and glad I could be of some assistance.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

This is much more accurate.

The joystick and arrows look a lot lighter than in the picture from the cab?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:10pm
Yeah don't worry about that, I've Pantone matched it in CMYK, the colour on screen is much different in print.
slowcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:03pm
Ah.. nice!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:42pm
One decal finished, I'll get the other decal done soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:44pm
Looks amazing! When can I buy this on your store? Just re-capped my monitor last night and the game is 100% playable and looks amazing. This is just the icing but it's very welcome.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:13pm
I'll get the other decal done, then I can do both as a single purchase in the store Smile
Won't take too long, now I've got the colours and font sorted on the other one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timerunner88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:30pm
Good deal. Will you be making the instruction card available in a size that will fit an upright cabinet? That's what I've got so while the cocktail sized art is nice I can't really use it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
Yeah, that won't be a problem at all.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:57pm
Finally got the decals all finished and printed, an excellent match for the originals.
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:46pm
That’s excellent Olly
Can’t wait to see the art work on yours and Marks machines.
I am very jealous
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:18pm
Some cracking work going on in this thread. Nice one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic