Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Operation Wolf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:14pm
The recent Star Wars Ebay £5k "fiasco" has pumped up ALL prices...Unhappy

"The Future Is Now"
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Mark H Mark H wrote:

The recent Star Wars Ebay £5k "fiasco" has pumped up ALL prices...Unhappy

I wouldn't worry about any of that, there have always been people putting machines on ebay at stupid prices like this, sure Op Wolf cabs been on before at over £1200 and no one buys the stuff

We still have no proof that any of the recent high price sales have actually sold and money changed hands and even then one item doesn't mean price rise, always items on ebay ending at silly high prices, then next month items at usual prices are back again

I've seen old 70's Hi-Fi speakers selling regular for £5-600 then all of a sudden, some one puts theirs on, for some strange reason, maybe because they put a load of crap about changing caps, refurbished or call them mint when there not, they sell for £1200, shill bidding no doubt and then for the next few months that seems to be the new price and always loads for same all of a sudden for 1K upwards, after that the prices drop again to what they were before

Also there used to be one seller that 80% of what ever he listed, all Hi-Fi gear, the stuff was fetching record prices, ones I've sold at £300 he's getting £1200 in some cases or at least double, you think shill bidding but most items had feedback left. I did some google searches, he was on all these forums and social media telling them what he's got coming up and seemed if he was selling something it must be good because it was like he's some HI-FI god that everyone worshiped, what a load of mugs, they paying him crazy prices for used stuff like everyone else was selling, just shows you the power of Social Media and how thick people are, he was laughing all way to the bankLOL

They'll be more stuff at normal prices. mind you I'm glad stuff isn't as cheap as it used to be else I'd end up buying more
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:26pm
Sold !
Out of room but always room for one more !
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Shinydaz Shinydaz wrote:

Sold !

To himself most likely
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:34pm
To the same person who bought the outrun and Star Wars.
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:36pm
Sold or just ‘ended’?
My eBay skills are weak.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
channel27 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

Sold or just ‘ended’?
My eBay skills are weak.

Sold allegedly: -

Edited by channel27 - 12 Jun 2019 at 4:40pm
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
It was pound listing day so easy to end early and cost u a quid just
No one has paid 1500 for it ,unless they have lost their mind
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

They have more money than sense if they have.
Out of room but always room for one more !
John Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:07pm
Or they have so much money and space they don’t give a crap.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:35pm
Till they say my 2 year old bought it by mistake or turn up in Fiesta to collect it

Outrun 2 SP deluxe on for £1,450 and not soldErmm
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

The pound listing day is on for a month.
Well mine is anyway
WANTED Space invaders cab Please inbox me!
buycobalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buycobalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:59pm
It sold for £1500.
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:02pm
Were you the buyer or seller?
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:20pm
It's all up in the air. I wouldn't be surprised at anything at any price now, high or low.

Had a cabinet stored overnight in a friends workplace, during that time 2 random people saw it and wanted to buy on the spot.

The more general awareness (or reminders!) of arcade machines through retro arcades and such, the more people pay attention to them. Doesn't mean they have a clue about value however, and that's where all the haziness is seeping in. Some "casual" people will see a Ferrari worth everything they've got, others see a lada that's worth 100 quid.

I'm sure you'll see more of this as time goes on. No accounting for it!
Maxrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:42pm
At the end of the day, people will pay what they believe something is worth. Whether you feel it's overpriced or not doesn't really matter. If someone has been after a cab for a long time, and finally has the chance to own it, then they'll pay whatever they are comfortable with. 

Provided the buyer is happy with the price they pay, and gets enjoyment from the machine they now own, then I can't see any real problem. Nobody is forcing them to pay these prices. People perceive value and apparent availability differently, and if they can afford it, then good luck to them (and the seller).

Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

It's all up in the air. I wouldn't be surprised at anything at any price now, high or low.

Had a cabinet stored overnight in a friends workplace, during that time 2 random people saw it and wanted to buy on the spot.

The more general awareness (or reminders!) of arcade machines through retro arcades and such, the more people pay attention to them. Doesn't mean they have a clue about value however, and that's where all the haziness is seeping in. Some "casual" people will see a Ferrari worth everything they've got, others see a lada that's worth 100 quid.

I'm sure you'll see more of this as time goes on. No accounting for it!

Where are these £100 ladas you mention lol .

patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:34am
Personally I think some members live in a dream world where if one person states "what a cab is worth" and another ratifies it then that must be the price point and anyone who pays over this should be labeled a fool with their money for not working to the set in stone value applied by the Ukvac equivalent to antiques roadshow.

Unfortunately the "forum approved" price point is often less than half the price the cab eventually sells for in the open market, just check the last few sales, Star Wars as a great example.

The market place dictates the prices, that market place is decided between live time buyers and sellers not from people who have no interest in or the funds to buy the actual cab in question. 

Sooner we all get over the reality we have near zero influence what cabs are worth however many times we all agree it should be worth "Tuppence halfpenny as Ken Dodds dads dog bought one for that in 1990" the more supportive of the new generation of buyers the forum will be.

My point being If the buyer of this cab comes on here in the hope of being a valid member of the forum and reads all the waffle about them paying £###  over the top and how much of a spangle they were for doing so I can see them running for the hills.
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 6:56am
I based my opinion on trying to shift my own mint op wolf
For less than half .no one wanted it
The Starwars cockpit that sold in Belfast auction where everything went for crazy money
It was possibly one of the cleanest cabs I’ve saw .it went for just over 3.5 k ,it was there to be played and inspected ,there were gasps all over the room when it sold .that upright is in no way worth more than that
Then the outrun listed at the min for 2 k,all be it not the best add you will see ,it’s still there at 2k
It’s not as if people are valuing them at £100 which is what the operators sold them off for back in the day and still do in some cases .

Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:45am
It was same when I was trying to get Outrun Deluxe. £150 BIN with Turbo Outrun in it was cheapest, they were selling in the coin op world, ie Coin Slot Magazine and Traders in the Business like JNC and prices were probably £300-400

what was that old website people used years back? Amusement stuff for sale I think, nick told me one listed on there and got guys details for me so I could make him offer, he must of thought it was a wind up when I offered £1000 but that was what I offered 2 or 3 people on ebay for them and they said they had better offers, never saw one sell as always removed

Then there was a real nice one guy was selling, he was member on the Forums as he was telling everyone about it, so the prices were around £1000-1200 soon as I wanted one, but with early days of internet and people like me discovering the old games, odd people that had one showing it off on websites it gets peoples interest in them. This particular machine went crazy on bidding, then it's removed and sold private, I asked the seller about it and he was very honest and told me he sold it for £2000 so I thought I'll never get one, but then he explained guy that bought it was working on Outrun for GBA I think it was, his boss told him to get original machine and gave him budget so they get Deluxe, like ya needed that to do game for handheld and they drop 2k on it, so seller said don't worry you'll get one cheaper and I did, half that. Then after I bought mine, the prices slowly dropped till poor ones are down to £300 again

Probably not going to happen with any machines now but you get odd ones that odd person has silly money to drop on it

Really putting prices on machines don't make sense at all anyway. as many keep saying it's worth what someone will pay. So if someone don't like driving games and there are members that say they don't like outrun, which is fair enough if it's not your thing, I don't like Shootem Up's as I find them boring, plus I'm crap at them so I wouldn't pay much for those games at all, but OutRun yeah love it

So why do different games get set at a certain price? yes you can see why Star Wars fans as well as Arcade fans want those machines and they would be one of the most sort after

Why when you have all these Ferrari fans and collectors, why don't want an F355 machine, they may get more sort after one day but at the moment it seems the only people buying these are Driving games fans like myself, just happens to be a Ferrari based game and F355 is one of the last great looking cars they made to me, 458 one of the later cool Ferrari, it's only way most of us will get to drive one, even when 355 was affordable to buy there is no way I would spend the money it cost for engine out work at £1000s, Need a heated Garage to keep one in and if you have anything nice in driveway your a target for crime, so to own this machine and drive it on here is next best thing yet they don't sell for much at all.

Operation Wolf is one of my Favourite games, If it didn't own one, would I pay £1500, can't see it when they have been sold for as little as £50 in past, I would wait for a cheaper one, also don't want machine from USA if I was buying one, want cab played in the arcades here. If I didn't own one now I would of jumped on that Lethal Enforcers cab, even if it wasn't an Op Wolf originally I would of bought it converted to Op Wolf, always options to get the machine you want and Alpha1 sold Gun and Board recent so with some parts and wiring the machine would be done

When was the last Op Wolf for sale on ebay? someone could of been watching the film I watched last night or been to Arcade Club and played it there, done a search on ebay and though wow I can't believe there is one for sale and just had a mad moment, have no idea on past prices. if they have plenty money it won't matter to them what price was, it was only one for sale and on BIN they might think if I don't buy it someone probably will

I'm with you Body Pop, when ever I've listed a machine at reasonable price to this, I can't sell it but some people try their luck and it pays off

When I had Rail Chase 2, as much as I liked it but the Deluxe with 50" screen was too big, really wanted the smaller original machine, so I put RC2 on ebay, only had it on for £300, I wanted to do a video of it but hadn't got anything at time that would I could use, it was on for weeks before a guy bought it. before selling I offered to swap Arcade Warehouse this Deluxe RC2 for the RC1 Julian had seen when he was there, they basically laughed at me and said what would we do with that, I thought sell it ya moronsStern Smile but they weren't interested, I would of hired van and done all the work because I wanted the original.

The guy that bought mine, a month later he listed it on ebay, he used to do Dummy listings when they had offers on, he updated the listing one night so it won't even show in newly listed as that had been on for days before it was changed to Rail Chase 2, he used to put a load of crap like mega rare, only one you'll see, unique etc etc and he did what I should of done and added a video of it playing with moving seat, It was sold within hours of listing being updated £1250Shocked  first thing I thought was why the hell didn't the moron that bought it, buy it a few weeks before when I had it for £300 but if I'd listed at £1250 I bet I'd still be trying to sell it now

Non of it makes sense and some people are just really lucky with timing. I'm lucky too, not ever at selling things but what I've managed to buy so can't complain

All these Retro Arcades and Gaming Events will be partly to blame for machines selling at these prices I think! been their played game they haven't seen in years, think I want one at home so can play it every day, will play it once every few months and then probably try selling again and will get half the money or will stop working and the'll be here asking how to fix it

really it doesn't make sense set machines have set price they sell at when most value them different and if I could afford to pay £500 for Op Wolf without having to justify it too much, I dare bet there are plenty out there that earn 2 or 3 times what I do, can drop £1500 on one in same way
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic