ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Out Run Full Size Upright

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lammas10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out Run Full Size Upright
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:42pm
Hi, I've just joined. I was previously on Jamma Plus but it looks like that's gone now.

I am considering selling my beloved Out Run Full Size Upright, I bought it from Andy Geezer 10 years ago and its in very good condition. I'm not 100% sure i want to sell it yet as i still love it but wondered its worth. I have seen them go on Ebay for £1500 a while back and am tempted to try but thought i'd ask its worth first. Maybe even talk me out of it LOL. The wife wants the money towards our summer holiday Cry

Side Art - 8/10 -- The odd minor scratch, one side in the very top corner a very small blue piece missing.

Monitor Bezel - 9/10 -Great condition no fag burns and complete with map.

Dash - 8/10 - Great condition, just one small fag burn by the gears. Gears all good and fully working.

Steering Wheel 9/10  - Original great condition and has the badge. 

Fully working, feedback all works etc. The board was in with Retroclinic 6 months back for enhanced roms/high score saves and a minor fix, all fully working and have retroclinics receipt. I also have the manual. Overall this is at least an 8/10 cab and can easily be a 9 or 10/10.

Another reason it may need to go is space. I bought the kids a whittakers horse racing at christmas and i never realised how huge it was LOL

Cheers 

Jay

Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:48pm
The problem is, everyone is looking at the most expensive outrun sold on ebay, and valuing their machines based on that.

Another one sold shortly after for £850, but I may be wrong.

I would take a wild guess, and say £900 to £1000.

Cabarets seem to sell easier, due to there small size, and easier to fit in someone's flat or house.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Chopper79 - 10 Jul 2018 at 3:54pm
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:56pm
It's a very desirable cab nowadays and they don't come up for sale that often - especially not in very nice original, fully working condition.

I'd say easily £1k and you'd probably sell it here very quickly at £1,200 
jinq-sea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:59pm
I think pics always help a valuation - sounds like a lovely cab though.
J69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:31pm
Rough full size outruns go for £1000

A good one should be £1200+

If yours is as nice as it sounds then you will have plenty of interest

Some pictures would be good

Edited by J69 - 10 Jul 2018 at 4:33pm
Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:50pm
I remember Andy's cab.. was nice I seem to recall, so if it's been looked after it'll be worth over £1k all day long. I think £1200 for a good condition upright OutRun is pretty fair as nos or nice quality replacement parts are hard to find now. It's the best practical version of the game, plus the game board has at least doubled in price since I was sourcing them 15 or so years ago.

I'd never sell my cab for less than £1200, if ever
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:14pm
Easy over £1000.
Anyone who says less, can they find me half a dozen.
I had to import both mine.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
JAG555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:37pm
Agreed, with the over £1k. For a decent one, you could easily get £1,200 - £1,400.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:26pm
Agree with the above, the full size upright is easily a 1k cab now, and it can be anywhere above that depending how good a condition its in.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
lammas10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lammas10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:30pm
Thanks everyone, I've been playing it tonight. Makes me want to sell it even less now Cry

Below are some pictures, I hope this works as not 100% sure on how to upload them. They are not the greatest pics as only taken on my phone but its a start.

Edited by lammas10 - 10 Jul 2018 at 11:38pm
lammas10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lammas10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:36pm
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:33am
Looks in great shape. Nice bright, crisp image from the monitor. Must be worth £1.2k easily and you might get more on eBay.

Could you convince your wife to go on a cheaper holiday so you can keep it?  Perhaps a few days in sunny Swanage? Cool
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:36am
Your cab can holiday at my place anytime Thumbs Up

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:58am
Looks nice id say £1000 - £1200 on here
e bay you could get more but you have to deal with idiots
Drunk bidding ,dreamers ,ect

And after ebay and paypal take there cut ?

Edited by robotech - 11 Jul 2018 at 1:01am
"Deja Vu"
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:33am
Looks very nice. My UK one was near mint, I put that up for £1400 and it was gone within 20 mins. Top condition cabs always command a premium especially one that's in the 5 most wanted like this.
You'll easily get £1200+ for it.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
jinq-sea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:51am
What a lovely cab! Looks like it's a good £1,200+ candidate. Of course, if it's up for a holiday (and Flinnster is unavailable), I'm more than happy to oblige :)
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:01am
You could always sell and ask for peoples offers over £1k, then find its value in exact condition in the exact climate.

This only works if desirable and it is. So I would be tempted to see who wants to pay the most.
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:22am
Well, as a comparison you could import a project one from the K15 shipping thread right now for $700 (~ £530 according to xe.com) + £395 for shipping to UK. Obviously that would require a monitor chassis, marquee, steering wheel badge, blah and some work to make it look 'shiny new' though.

My Outrun is a a tatty shed in many respects but the pcb, monitor and controls all work properly and that's what counts (to me) at the end of the day when I am playing it Smile
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

Rough full size outruns go for £1000

A good one should be £1200+

If yours is as nice as it sounds then you will have plenty of interest

Some pictures would be good

this 
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by jinq-sea jinq-sea wrote:

What a lovely cab! Looks like it's a good £1,200+ candidate. Of course, if it's up for a holiday (and Flinnster is unavailable), I'm more than happy to oblige :)

Flinnster is definitely available LOL

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic