Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Out Run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out Run
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 8:43pm

Can´t find the pic of it, so you have to trust me.... (and i´m not good at it..)
I´m sure this is a game a lot of people have....
Inside every tool is a hammer!
cNp View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:06am

R,L,R,R - D

Maybe we could have a table for each destination, make it more interesting and encourage playing different stages... each route would probably be overkill :)

That's Jon MooMooTown's score at the top... he can get loads more than that but might as well have that in there too.

Edited by cNp - 15 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
Wanted: Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet JAMMA cab, Mappy Dedicated
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:54am
I have been Scouting around for a while now and cannot find anymore information about the
Twin Galaxies World Record for Outrun.

Was this ever confirmed at all with evidence?

The Score vs Time scoring system makes it hard to work out if its possible and with the 
different Dip settings that may be used, how much could it change it the High Score?
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
My Latest OutRun High Score Board.

Catching John Beresford Up. But some way off the W/R.

Done on my Standard Upright Cab with Correct Dip Switch Settings.
Time Adjustment = Normal
Number of Enemy = Normal

Going Sub 4.49 is going to be a Good Run. 
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
Always surprised that a game that is so popular as Outrun and that lends itself so well to highscores does not have more of a 'running' scene. 
Big Apple 3am
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 4:18pm
With more Local Arcades popping up with online High Score Boards hopefully more will get interested. 
Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:47pm
I've never been much of a high score achiever on video games, but I'm not bad at OutRun Wink

I think my best is a tad over 35 million, but no photo proof, so here's my best with evidence on my original upright cab - all normal settings.

Didn't have the enhanced romset back then, so this was the first run of the day LOL

BTW the huge scores were achieved with the gear-gacha technique, which I personally don't count as genuine high scores.  I know there is a certain skill to getting it right, but I see it as exploiting a glitch in the code and removes the need for the skill of actually staying on the road and mastering the genius that is OutRun.

Edited by Outrun2 - 03 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
My best so far is a 4:52 which was done over at Neon Knights on their Outrun cab. Have yet to beat this on my own machine though.

nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:48pm
Great to see some good times going up, on a long overlooked High Score Board.

Lets get up as many members times as possible.

Smile
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Outrun2 Outrun2 wrote:

I've never been much of a high score achiever on video games, but I'm not bad at OutRun Wink

I think my best is a tad over 35 million, but no photo proof, so here's my best with evidence on my original upright cab - all normal settings.

Didn't have the enhanced romset back then, so this was the first run of the day LOL

BTW the huge scores were achieved with the gear-gacha technique, which I personally don't count as genuine high scores.  I know there is a certain skill to getting it right, but I see it as exploiting a glitch in the code and removes the need for the skill of actually staying on the road and mastering the genius that is OutRun.

What is the gear-gacha technique?
I have seen something that looks like that on MAME High Scores on YouTube,
but what a waste of time that is!

You try going on the grass on a real cab!!!
CharlieFar View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:01am
Love a bit of Outrun and there's some great times here.
My best is somewhere around 43 million. No screenshot though.
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:54am
Just to Clarify that some Pretty Fast High Scores on OutRun are Possible without
any form of Cheating in any way.

This is John Beresford at Arcade Club on a DLX without any need to Cheat in any way.

I think anyone using this Gear Gatcha Cheat is only Cheating Themselves.
Also the Massive difference in Time Vs Score would show up I would say anyway.

Lets see some more Great Times Posted here.

Lots of you have them, so lets enjoy them.

We all need to get the time we wanted to back in 1986!!!    Smile

nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:29pm
Just thought it was a good idea to start Videoing any runs I do on my Cabinet.

Smile

Edited by nurtuo - 10 Nov 2019 at 4:21pm
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:52pm
Good idea, I might have to do the same once I start getting back in the groove. 

I love on the video how you do a pristine run, and then within about 3 seconds of the computer taking over, it's rammed a car and stuck you on the grass...! Self driving car technology from 1986 LOL
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
I believe Ferrari did permit Tesla to use a one off convertible Testarossa in some very early experiments. In fact it still holds the record for longest journey by an autonomous vehicle. 35 foot into a palm tree. Back to the drawing board Elon.

Edited by nurtuo - 06 Nov 2019 at 10:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic