Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Out Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
As soon as i found out about this Gear Gatcher Cheat I started recording my runs, 
as its going to be the first thing someone says. And I do not blame them.

What with MAME runs and using this type of cheat, then it can be the only way to prove it.

I, like a lot of others here also enjoying playing live at Arcades. 

Then any such cheating would be seen anyway.

Get some of the guys in the cheating videos to try a run without it and then see their scores.

To Cheat someone else, First you have to Cheat yourself!

Thanks Guys.    Big smile

You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:42am
A few of us a UKVac Members had a great Night of Gaming once again at our local Arcade,
Neon Knights in Leigh on Sea in Essex.

Many Thanks to,
Maxrom, JAG555 and of course neoretro.

The New Cabs are a Great Addition to the line up.

Thanks to JAG555 supplying the new steering gears and springs for the OutRun, 
the steering is now Tip Top.

Managed to up my High Score there as well.

A good night to be had, if anyone is in the area.

And if your into Retro Games and Consoles go next door as, www.facebook.com/TheRealRetroHunter/
Co Owner of Neon Knights always has lots of goodies in stock.

Thanks Again Guys.   Smile

You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
JAG555 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
No worries Eddie, good to catch up with you last night!

And bloody hell, I need to start practising, you are on fire with Outrun!
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:05pm
It was a good evening indeed. I've got work to do to swap places with you on the Neon Knights scoreboard after your run last night. Nice time and score (again...!) Clap
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 10:37am
I managed a new personal best yesterday on my cab - 4m51s and 45.1 million. Just a couple more seconds to loose to challenge for the top spot!

nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:55pm
Top Work. Its great to see all these OutRun Scores coming in.
moomootown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:03pm
Might be nice to have scores by ending route - all the above are using the highest scoring route of R,L,R,R
Outrun 2 fixes this by having leaderboards by ending (A, B, C, D or E)

It’s a shame really as nobody really plays any other stages due to the optimal route being unbeatable as it’s the fastest route through
Wanted: Virtua Cop 1 cab / Point Blank 3 PCB
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:19pm
New personal best obtained over at the great Neon Knights arcade in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. 4m50s and 46.4 million. Still have some way to go to challenge the best players, but I'm slowly getting there.

Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:44pm
A good night yesterday at Neon Knights arcade. I lost my first place standing on the Daytona leaderboard, but I increased my lead on Outrun with a 48.7m score Smile

Edited by Maxrom - 20 Dec 2019 at 6:06pm
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
Top Driving. All this OutRun Activity is really great. 
Smile
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:21pm
A video of my best OutRun High Score.

50,000,000 is going to be a real ask!

Edited by nurtuo - 23 May 2020 at 8:06pm
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:29pm
Brilliant run mate, very impressive indeed Clap

I'm not quite at that level yet, but I'm working on it!
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Maxrom Maxrom wrote:

Brilliant run mate, very impressive indeed Clap

I'm not quite at that level yet, but I'm working on it!

Give it a few days, you will pass that as well.

Do you remember when going sub 5.00 mins sounded impossible?

OutRun forever!!!
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

Do you remember when going sub 5.00 mins sounded impossible?

OutRun forever!!!

Yes and Yes!
minwah View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by moomootown moomootown wrote:

Might be nice to have scores by ending route - all the above are using the highest scoring route of R,L,R,R

I just noticed everyone is doing this. I always thought the 'easiest' route was right at every junction...maybe that is true but not the quickest.

I shall see what I can do using this route...
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm
Nice scores gents.  I have just started playing it again now I've finished my upright restore.

Currently got up to 36m....   Eddy I'm gonna analyse your videos in detail lol.

Currently I'm just trying to figure out how to avoid the traffic.  Seems that sometimes the cars/trucks are just in the place you need to be to keep going at top speed. Grr. LOL
Blog: https://www.agent4125.com/
Wanted: Robotron upper coin door/mech. Star wars Upright Speaker Grille. A cheap working vector board for testing my XY Kit.
cosine View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:32pm
No pic, but the highest I've ever achieved is just over 39m, will start playing again when I get the monitor chassis back LOL
I've watched John Beresford play it at Arcade Club, the man is a beast!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:27pm
Here’s the pre closure Neon Knights high score board.

ronsplooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsplooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:00pm
Any specific tips or tricks for Outrun other than lots of practice and memorising the courses? I noticed in neoretro's last vid that you hug the sides of the road a lot.
sosfx View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sosfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:06pm
The best tips I can give are the following
Get the car up to 293 as fast as you can, if the road bends, turn. 
Oh and don't crash!
Do this and and you will get some good scores Thumbs Up 

Edited by sosfx - 29 Jun 2020 at 11:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic